Part Number for Tahoe Z71 Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to replace my chrome bumper with the rear paintable Z71 bumper for my '02 Tahoe. I went to the dealer yesterday and the guy at the parts counter couldn't track down a part number, then tried to tell me that ALL of the bumpers came chrome from the factory and that they had to be painted at the dealer. Obviously this isn't the case and I'd rather get a new unfinished bumper than scuff and paint my chrome one.

If anyone happens to know the part number for this, I'd appreciate it. I don't need any of the brackets or pads for it. Thanks!

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried that with no luck so far. I might have one coming from a wrecking yard in Vegas, but I'm waiting to hear back from them. I really don't want to paint the chrome one.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a paintable bumper cover. I thought it was a bumper as well and bought it on ebay. I was super pissed when the box arrived and it weighed about 3lbs. I bought it used and paid 125.00 for it. Im not using it and I would actually like to get rid of it. I will take $100. Its black and scratched to hell. Definitely needs to be painted.

I live in Austin. Let me know if you are interested and I will take a couple pics for you.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, post some pics if you can. I might be interested if my freebee bumper falls through. Is it definitely the the Tahoe Z one, or might it be the Denali cover? I know the Denali one is a cover, but I thought the Z one was an actual bumper. I've never seen one uninstalled, so I'm a little unsure myself.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told its a denali cover. It fits over my stock yukon bumper perfectly. I thought the rear bumpers were the same on yukons and tahoes.

I just posted it for sale under the classified section. Plenty of pics.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Denali and Z bumper are the same from what I thought. They both are just painted bumpers.

King Kon

Reaction score
The z71 is just a paintable bar the denali rear bumper is a whole different assemby which has a cover

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked one out last night and the Z is definitely a bumper and not a cover. King is right that they are completely different. My search continues.

87gtNOS

Reaction score
rear bumper cover...I sell GM
88934668 FASCIA, RR BPR(PAINT TO MATCH)(W/O PAD) CK1(06)(VT5, Y91, Z88)
That's from a 02 Denali.

For a Tahoe....
15756336 07.875 PAD, RR BPR STEP(BLACK) K1(06)(X88, 8E3 )

However...there are some discrepancy's with the steel bumper underneath....so I could not gaurantee you that the part numbers above will fit your particular application.

I could with a VIN see if your bumper matches up to one of those covers...