Playing Video in 2017 Tahoe LT w/MYLINK & Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Why?

Reaction score
hoping to find some help. just some background, im currently on my third tahoe in a row. its a 2017 LT with the luxury and signature packages which obviously includes bose and mylink. heres the problem, in my previous 2015 LT (without nav) i was able to play mp4 video on my mylink system via usb flash drives but now with the newer model i cant. seems weird to me that chevy would take this capability away. thing is, if you were to reach out to anyone at a dealership or even chevy directly none of them even know that this capability existed at all. everyone ive spoken to about it has told me neither my previous nor current model support video playback via usb but clearly they dont know what theyre talking about because i played videos in my 2015 for three years!

the problem i initially had with the 2015 was that vids had to be converted to appropriate specs in order to play. in other words, i couldnt just transfer them as they were to my flash drive and play them. i had to use handbrake with a pre-configured formula i found online to get them to play. but now, with or without that conversion they dont play at all. just hoping maybe someone out there can help with this. i did a quick search prior to posting and it didnt yield any results. thanks for reading.

123ablack

Reaction score
Totally understand your frustration. The unfortunate answer to your question is: yes GM took this USB video playback feauture away from all the 8" Infotainment systems across the board (Tahoe, Suburban, Silverado, Yukon, Malibu, Impala etc). whether they acknowledge or not, this was a standard feature on all GM 2014-2016 vehicles with an 8" infotainment system (with or without nav and rear seat entertainment)
Whether this was removed by error and they can add it back via firmware update- remains to be seen.

It is indeed outrageous and I hope they can correct it via f/w s/w upgrade