Post your Tahoe peeves here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTZJoe

Reaction score
I LOVE MY TRUCK, but...

1. Why can I finally (this is my second Tahoe, the first was an '01) Express-Close my sunroof, but not my windows? How much would it add to the cost of the truck to use the same switch as the roof's, for the windows?

2. In a truck this size, why must I forego listening to a CD so my kids can watch a DVD? In my wife's FX45, the DVD gets installed in the rear, allowing mom and dad to listen to one of 6 (!!!) CDs while they watch their DVD - or we can listen to the DVD.

3. On a screen as big as the Tahoe's, why are song titles shortened, or is that an XM exclusive? The screen is wide enough to allow a short sentence.

4. Why did I have to buy a handsfree Bluetooth in-car kit? The imports have been factory-installing them for at least a couple of years now.

Just a few of the things that I think would make this perfect ride...more perfect!

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LTZJoe said:
I LOVE MY TRUCK, but...

1. Why can I finally (this is my second Tahoe, the first was an '01) Express-Close my sunroof, but not my windows? How much would it add to the cost of the truck to use the same switch as the roof's, for the windows?

2. In a truck this size, why must I forego listening to a CD so my kids can watch a DVD? In my wife's FX45, the DVD gets installed in the rear, allowing mom and dad to listen to one of 6 (!!!) CDs while they watch their DVD - or we can listen to the DVD.

3. On a screen as big as the Tahoe's, why are song titles shortened, or is that an XM exclusive? The screen is wide enough to allow a short sentence.

4. Why did I have to buy a handsfree Bluetooth in-car kit? The imports have been factory-installing them for at least a couple of years now.

Just a few of the things that I think would make this perfect ride...more perfect!

Those are most of my concerns as well, except the navigation/XM name display one for I don't have that setup yet. These are the few things that sway you to go foreign unfortunately. Fold flat 3rd row would be sooooo convenient. Hell, fold flat or removeable 2nd row would create the same space as in the Expedition. The power 2nd row fold and tumble is great but it won't reverse the function.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On rant 3, that's how XM exclusive radios are on most GM vehicles.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bear said:
Those are most of my concerns as well, except the navigation/XM name display one for I don't have that setup yet. These are the few things that sway you to go foreign unfortunately. Fold flat 3rd row would be sooooo convenient. Hell, fold flat or removeable 2nd row would create the same space as in the Expedition. The power 2nd row fold and tumble is great but it won't reverse the function.

Fold flat 3rd row would make the Tahoe look big on the rear and sides of the exterior like the Expy and it would at weight to it. Plus, the 3rd row seats aren't that heavy.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe_LT said:
Fold flat 3rd row would make the Tahoe look big on the rear and sides of the exterior like the Expy and it would at weight to it. Plus, the 3rd row seats aren't that heavy.

That they are not, they are not over 50 lbs. I think, but my wife is 4'11" about 120 lbs. herself, it's pretty tough for her to get those seats in and out if I'm not around. It's just a pet peeve in regards to the vehicle. I have more room than the Expedition in the driver's seat which makes it very worthwhile. The added weight wouldn't make that much of a difference would it? I mean 0-60 would be 7.9 seconds instead of 7.6?????? Those aren't actual figures, just trying to illustrate a point.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
My pet peeve is I coulden't afford 2 of them at the time.

I hear that, seems like we are very spoiled aren't we??? I'm actually getting another one but only because GM is trading us out of this one, it turned out to be a lemon, so we are getting another one but get rid of the other so life sucks.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Bear said:
I hear that, seems like we are very spoiled aren't we??? I'm actually getting another one but only because GM is trading us out of this one, it turned out to be a lemon, so we are getting another one but get rid of the other so life sucks.
Sorry to hear about the lemon,but it is good that you still have faith in the Tahoe, as every vehicle has certain ones that are lemons.

LTZJoe

Reaction score
FF on CD Player

Ohmygod...do I have a problem with my CD player, or is mine the only one that fast forwards as slow as it does? ULTRA-slow!

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
Sorry to hear about the lemon,but it is good that you still have faith in the Tahoe, as every vehicle has certain ones that are lemons.

Thanks brother but I do love this vehicle. My Yukon is well worth a second chance, the problem was passenger side air bag and seat belt malfunctioning. As far as the engine, suspension, comfort goes, this is the best vehicle out there right now.

meathead

Reaction score
pet peeve?

My one dis-appointment with the new design is the front end look. I wish they would have given it a 'silverado' look, like the trucks. Hard to explain but 'slimmer' looking. As it stands now , it looks too much like an expedition. I HATE FORDS!! BUT, what a sweet ride huh fellas?

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2007 Tahoe looks nothing like the new Expy in front. The 2007 Silverado front looks more like the front of the Expy. I love the new Tahoe/Suburban/Avalanche look.

Gettreal

Reaction score
I just wish the 3rd row seats folded into the floor ....i dont really use mine so i pulled them out and Im storing them. I think thats about it...

rickddavis

Reaction score
My peeves

21,000 miles now. my peeves:

a) The "locked' GPS that will not allow address book or previous destinations to be selected if the Tahoe is in motion. Why can't it use the passenger seat belt/airbag sensor to allow this when a passenger is in the vehicle.
b) I definitely agree on "fold flat" rear seats. What happens when you need the extra space away from home where you cannot store the seats? Real Bummer
c) I am going to absolutely wear the leather off the outer bolster of the drivers seat. I have seen this on so many GM SUVs and trucks. it needs to be reinforced.
d) Bluetooth lack is real bad for something this pricey compared to others in same price range having this.
e) Why do the seat heaters turn off when I turn the key after using remote start? If it is cold enough for them to come on at the time of remote start why turn off until I decide to turn them off.
f) I agree on peeve about XM truncation of titles. A $ 29.95 plug in XM kit does not do this.
g) Why is my fuel cap not yellow. everyone says it should be since it is flex fuel but mine is just plain black.:) Surely this takes away from resale value:).
h) Why can the corner Quick Lube reset my oil change computer every time but the dealer either cannot or does not when they change the oil?
i) Is it REALLY running on 4 cylinders? So darn smooth I think the computer is just saying it to make me feel good:). What is that crazy beeping every time I almost smack into a parking lot light pole I could not see whle backing up? Strange but somehow the darned tahoe is smarter than me (Well at least it sees better in reverse than I do). Oh yea, the lights come on by themselves and so do the wipers - at least the front ones so why not the rear one also. If you gonna spoil me with your ride, your handling, your quietness, your towing ability, your looks now that I put the 20's on, your acceleration, then why not let the rear wiper come on automatically also.
j) My real peeve. Real BLIND spot over right shoulder from mid seat headrest when at a 45 degree intersection. I have almost been the cause of several accidents due to this. The view is simply wiped out!

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems sacrilegious for a vehicle I like so much. I agree with those listed by others, especially the 3rd row fold flats, but here's a few more:
- no storage for towing accessories (or anything else in the rear of the vehicle)
- lint-magnet cloth seat material
- no way to totally turn off the autolock function for the doors, at least not that I can find
- I think GM could have configured the piece that holds the high taillight to better deflect air down over the rear window at speed. Any road moisture and the aero splash of it ends up coating the rear window. With the wiper only clearing a small portion of the window it can create a new blindspot. That's not new technology or a new feature.

rickddavis

Reaction score
Bob - I forgot that one!

OSU_Tahoe said:
Seems sacrilegious for a vehicle I like so much. I agree with those listed by others, especially the 3rd row fold flats, but here's a few more:
- no storage for towing accessories (or anything else in the rear of the vehicle)
- lint-magnet cloth seat material
- no way to totally turn off the autolock function for the doors, at least not that I can find
- I think GM could have configured the piece that holds the high taillight to better deflect air down over the rear window at speed. Any road moisture and the aero splash of it ends up coating the rear window. With the wiper only clearing a small portion of the window it can create a new blindspot. That's not new technology or a new feature.

Bob, you are 100% right on the lack of no storage for towing accessories. I have 3 trailer lighting/power adapters that keep flying around all over the back due to the puny depth of the side storage trays. Also whare do I keep the straps for the trailer load and where do I keep the extra set up for the 2 5/16" ball I also need. I love the basic vehicle but GM could do so much more for less than 1% of the sticker price. Sorry if I offend anyone but this should not be a $ 50,000 Soccer Mom vehicle and this is where GM is headeding with this interior. It can be a Soccer Mom vehicle ang a true GM work vehicle if GM will spend $ 100 on proper interior layouts.

GM could cream Range Rover, Ford and Toyota if they paid attention to interior details. they have the power, they have he ride, they have the reliabillty. They lack the finesse.

BTW - have any of you had to use the spare - A heart attack endeavor & in no way safe on the side of the highway. Try to figure it out without the manual & try to do it without a dress rehersal!

I have this interesting love/hate realtionship with my 07.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, now GM is starting to clean up they're interiors. Look at the new '08 CTS interior for example it's light-years better than the old one and is going compete better with rivals and is better than almost all of it's rivals. Samething with the new '08 Malibu and the new GMT900's.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My newest peeve is how the windshield washer fluid covers only a small strip pn the windshield. I use a half gallon just to get it to leak onto the blade in the right area.