Pulled out the BlackBear tune today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed my custom control modules today and put the stock ones back in as I have to take it to the dealer for a few things. Driving it today was PAINFUL :ack:

To all of those not running a tune of some kind, do yourself a big favor and get one!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the comments on this Black Bear tune greatness is making me want to get one now so I want to ask around for those who have it first:
1. How much better than stock is it?
2. Does it save less, equal or more gas than stock programming does?
3. Where does it go and is it plug and play?
4. And how much is it?

08denalixl

Reaction score
I can't comment on the black bear tune but I have a custom tune on my 6.2 and let's say they diffrence is night and day I am completle stock except the tune and I beat my buddys hemi charger from a roll.. Let's not talk about the burnouts ...LOL the other day I was riding down they highway 2 hours after a small shower with the roads damp/ wetish at 50mph i wanted to pass a car so I stomped on it , the school bus when sideways a little and spun tires for a while... Almost forgot which vehicle I was driving ....

Will never go back to stock !! Gonna get a filter and spray a 150 to beat on some sports cars

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a good custom tune you can expect both increased power/responsiveness AND fuel economy. It's a win/win proposition.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the comments on this Black Bear tune greatness is making me want to get one now so I want to ask around for those who have it first:
1. How much better than stock is it?
2. Does it save less, equal or more gas than stock programming does?
3. Where does it go and is it plug and play?
4. And how much is it?

1. I notice the biggest difference in when and how well it shifts. With the stock modules back in today when it went to shift I'm thinking, "Ok, time to shift, come on, come on, ok there you go..." It also accelerates much better.

2. Personally I get 1-2 better highway and the same in the city.
3. It is plug and play after the tune is completed. Both modules are located by the spare battery tray and can be swapped out in 3 minutes once you've done it before.
4. Blackbear costs $250 now I think, plus more ($225?) if you want replacement modules like I did.