Question about Tahoe/Suburban trim levels...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueAc

Reaction score
I've been truck shopping for the last few weeks and besides a used Denali I haven't seen anything that caught my eye. Well yesterday,I stumbled upon and 07 Suburban Z71 w/ 21K miles. The truck was BEAUTIFUL, fully loaded black on black with nav, back up cam, 2nd row captains chair and what really got me was the two tone interior. Now my question on the trim level hierarchy, where does the Z71 stand? Is that above or below the LTZ? If the truck was new which would cost more? I'm trying to negotiate a fair deal on the truck, but the dealer is really not budging. He's at 32K out the door and I want to be below that.

dmargaros

Reaction score
I've been truck shopping for the last few weeks and besides a used Denali I haven't seen anything that caught my eye. Well yesterday,I stumbled upon and 07 Suburban Z71 w/ 21K miles. The truck was BEAUTIFUL, fully loaded black on black with nav, back up cam, 2nd row captains chair and what really got me was the two tone interior. Now my question on the trim level hierarchy, where does the Z71 stand? Is that above or below the LTZ? If the truck was new which would cost more? I'm trying to negotiate a fair deal on the truck, but the dealer is really not budging. He's at 32K out the door and I want to be below that.

A Suburban w/Z71 package has to be either an LT2 or LT3. You can't get the Z71 package on an LTZ. All things being equal...the LTZ is considered "top of the line", however...you can option out an LT3 w/Z71 pretty darn close to everything you'd be getting on an LTZ with the benefit of having something more "off road" oriented if that's what you are looking for.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A pretty good way of telling if your Z71 is an LT2 or LT3 is if it has the heated, memory, and power lumbar support. It it has that it is probably an LT3, if not an LT2.

BlueAc

Reaction score
This truck was fully loaded as far as I could tell, I didn't see one option that it didn't have. It was actually owned by an NBA player from my area that turned it in off lease, so I'm guessing he maxed out on options. What's funny is the dealer is trying to sell me on that fact... :rolleyes: I'm going back in tomorrow, I'm aiming for 30K out the door.