question! Looking to buy aftermarket amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevylicious002

Reaction score
I have an 01 Tahoe, and we have an aftermarket stereo (200watt Dual double din). When we got the Tahoe, it already had some Boss speakers in the front doors, and Kenwood in the back doors, and then a Kicker subwoofer in the very back. Idk the wattage of all the speakers, but we aren't sure what size amp to get. I just know that since we had to bypass the factory amp to hook up aftermarket stereo, it doesnt sound near as good :sad72:
As far as loudness, it gets pretty loud already. But when it comes to bass, it doesn't bump like I like for it to. So another question is, do we need an amp, or just better speakers?
So any advice would be great!

Low2thaearth

Reaction score
Personally if it were me I would upgrade headunit first. The Dual brand is pretty cheap imo and probably lacks the power and equalizers needed to make ur speakers perform. I would also ditch the door speakers and get a better quality and matching all 4 doors that way specs are all the same. And last the kicker sub depending on model will be ok if you get an amplifier to power it alone...this is how I have my 02 Tahoe setup currently and it sounds pretty decent. May end up putting an amp in for the mids and highs later on but for now it’s a huge improvement over stock. Also I’m running my door speakers off my pioneer double din headunit. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk