Rattle in Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lahawthorn

Reaction score
I know it sounds completely rediculous but I have a rattle that drives me crazy. It's been there ever since we purchased it and I've moved things around (rear middle seatbelt, latches on the wall in the 3rd row, so forth.) anyone else have this or can give me any ideas where to look next? I am waiting to get my rear spoiler replaced due to it popping and not opening. So I guess I can have them laugh at me when I bring it back to have the spoiler installed and make them track the rattle down.

jmitchell

Reaction score
If you have the roof rack cross rails then I'm almost positive it is coming from the rear one. I had the same issue going over bumps could hear a rattle that seemed to be coming from the rear. If you open up a rear door, stand on the sill plate, then hit the chrome section of roof rack you should be able to duplicate the rattle. I was unable to tighten the cross rails enough to keep from rattling so I stuck some tape in the gaps at the end of the rails where they slide into the female fitting. If you need a picture let me know.