Rear door speakers...new head unit, no sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a new stereo yesterday, and just noticed that my rear door speakers are not working. I connected all wires, except for the blue amp wire (no amp yet). All other wires are accounted for and have been hooked up to the aftermarket harnesses.

There is discussion of a stock amp for these speakers. No one seems to know if one really exists, or if it does, where it is. "IF" there is one, could it be as easy as hooking up the blue amp wire?

Last edited:

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there should be a pink wire in the radio harness, if there is hook up the blue wire from your new radio to it. that will turn on the factory amp under the drivers seat.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that was easy. I hooked up my blue amp wire from the head unit to the blue wire on the aftermarket harness. Works perfectly. I guess there is a stock amp somewhere, but I'm not attempting to located it...wherever it is??