rear door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kinggreen803

Reaction score
i have a problem people i have a 97 chevy tahoe, when i put the after market deck in my rear door speakers stopped working. Any help would be appreciated. wandering if i bought the wrong wire harness.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have bought the wrong harness, especially if everything works but the rear speakers, look around the internet, there are many places that have correct harnesses, I've seen them around for your model year and other model years but don't remember where.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Most of the obs tahoes have a factory amp that powers the rear door spkrs. The stock radio powers the front doors and rear ceiling 4x10 spkrs. There is a grn(?) wire on the secondary harness that you have to power up with the remote turn-on wire from your new radio.

Last edited:

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i were you i would just re-wire it all with an amp for the spekers like a 4 or 6 chanel. so you can have front door(right, left), rear door (right, left), and rear cargo area(right, left)

but thats just the way i would do it.

98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked my remote line to what I think I remember was a blue wire. I did't get a wire harness. I cut everything off and did it myself. A little extra time finding out what does what, but it works. You have to hook the remote wire to the factory amp wire. I think it's blue. You will hear it kick on. gl

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 i had to hook the blue remote wire to a blue wire, the amp is under the drivers seat with 5 wires going into it