Recommendations for bad body roll?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefirebirdman

Reaction score
I think I have this one figured out but was interested to get some feedback from the forum. Since we bought our 2007 Tahoe LTZ used, it has had a bad problem rocking back and forth, at speed, when we hit bigger bumps. It literally rolls back and forth as you are driving straight down the road after hitting a big bump in the road. Under normal load (just passengers) it rocks back and forth just enough to be noticeable and maybe only 2 or 3 times before settling out. During a recent trip where the back end was loaded down with stuff the effect was exaggerated a LOT. The truck would start rolling/swaying back and forth so much I frequently had to use the brake to even it out and stop the rocking.

Based on my research on the net so far it looks like the primary recommendation is to replace the swaybars. Eibach has been recommended several times and I am considering buying that kit to replace both front and rear swaybars but I wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced this problem and has suggestions or personal experiences to share.

Before anyone asks, the motor mounts have been replaced (dealer thought this would fix the problem) and I have replaced the shocks all the way around with new OEM replacements from GMPartsDirect (freaking expensive). I also replace the compressor for the autoride mounted at the back of the truck. Tires are stock size on new custom 20" rims we purchased from Discount Tire. No other suspension mods.