Remote Keyless Entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pewter

Reaction score
Hello, I love my Tahoe but there have been many little bugs along the way to chase out.

When we first bought the Tahoe it did have a key but not a remote...no biggie...we bought one off Amazon and I watched a video on how to set it up and I did and it worked great for 6-8 months. Then, one time I pushed the button and it didn't unlock so I checked the battery connection in the remote, which was fine. Put the remote back together and it still didn't work so I concluded the battery in the remote had died. Got a new battery for the remote installed it, reprogrammed the remote and it worked. So I locked the car. After about 30 minutes or so I came back outside and hit the button again...nothing. But if I put the key in the door and unlock all the buttons work on the remote. I cannot figure out what I did or what is wrong. Please help. I have not found a thread that has the specific issue.

Last edited:

Pewter

Reaction score
I bought 2 Keys. I was able to program both keys very easily. After I posted this, I was still researching this forum and found a helpful thread that said I needed to take out my DSM fuse for 20 seconds to reset this function.....worked perfectly

Flying Dutchman

Reaction score
Hi Pewter,

I reading your post here, and see you had success by taking out the DSM fuse for 20 sec.
I have a Tahoe from 2004, and since yesterday also a problem with my remote keyless entry. In this case I cannot open the doors anymore. The locking and alarm buttons work quite fine.
Now this DSM fuse, I have not checked that yet, but would i have the same fuse on my tahoe 2004 as your? Do nor know what type you have.

Pewter

Reaction score
Hi Pewter,

I reading your post here, and see you had success by taking out the DSM fuse for 20 sec.
I have a Tahoe from 2004, and since yesterday also a problem with my remote keyless entry. In this case I cannot open the doors anymore. The locking and alarm buttons work quite fine.
Now this DSM fuse, I have not checked that yet, but would i have the same fuse on my tahoe 2004 as your? Do nor know what type you have.

I think 04 and 07 are quite different, check your fuse diagram and try to pull out the DSM fuse for 30 seconds. It might work. It could be the buttons on your remote also.

Flying Dutchman

Reaction score
yep, there is a difference, i do not have that fuse. Think some is wrong with my button, as it is working now and then. Will try to order new one and see how to program it.