Removing the center console "box"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the black plastic box in the center console where the cupholders are on the 2007 Yukon?
Thanks for any help

Gettreal

Reaction score
All you need to do is use a flat screwdriver.... ( I prefer to use a thin plastic spatula to avoid scratching) and pry it up.. it comes up pretty easy.

Gettreal

Reaction score
how much room are you looking for? When I took mine out to run the wires for my dvd players I actually had to tuck in a control unit, and there was plenty of room for that.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for about 6 or 7 inches to mount a small cb straight down that is about 4" wide 2" deep and 6"-7" long.

Gettreal

Reaction score
genestoy said:
I was hoping for about 6 or 7 inches to mount a small cb straight down that is about 4" wide 2" deep and 6"-7" long.

Not sure you will get all of that....trying to visualize it...well, good thing is...within a minute you can find out ...hehe

Gettreal

Reaction score
1st pic...shows where you need to pry up....it literally will pop up

2nd Pic... the blue area is where the space goes down. Quick measurement shows about 5inches or so..

3rd pic shows the interface I have in there

Attachments

• misc 020.jpg
    misc 020.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 96
  • misc 021.jpg
    misc 021.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 105
  • misc 022.jpg
    misc 022.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 88

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gettreal,
Thanks a bunch! That really helps a lot. I think I will be able to make this work. :)

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mod for the cb worked out great. Not only was there room enough but at the bottom there were two bolts mounted/welded into the floor pointing straight up that I was able to use to bolt the cb bracket onto that I made! That console is real easy to get wires into and out of also!