Removing the Yukon Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gettreal

Reaction score
I need to know if anybody has info or can point me to instructions how to remove all the radio trim and the nav. I am installing some wiring that needs to connect to the rear of the radio/nav and want to know if anyone has pulled the front apart yet. Im sure I can figure out how to get it out but I want the right way if possible. I am adding an amp and subwoofer to the stock radio set up and I will take pictures of the entire process if anyone is interested.

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new_pa2.jpg

new_pa3.jpg

Gettreal

Reaction score
Thanks so much GM Geek... that helped alot. It took a minute to get the trim off...8 screws to get the radio, A/C and dual lighter section out... 5 more minutes to run the data interface and voila...all done. The only thing left is to run RCA's from the data interface to the amp and power/ground wires to the amp from the battery.

Has anyone found a spot to run wires through the firewall yet?? Also, where would you run a switched power wire to? I was hoping there is an empty spot in the fuse box so I can run that and power to a few LEDs that I want to install.

Wheres all the Radio Guru's????

Thanks.

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P1012287.jpg

P1012270.jpg

P1012284.jpg

as far as running power through the fire wall
1. I don't know how big of the amp you trying to install, but underneath your dash there is bondle of wires tight up. one of them is like 10 or 8 ga,prewired and other side of that cable you can find it under neath the hood by the fuse box.
2. I had to drill hole in firewall, I installed rubber plug (so water will not leak through and put some silicone just in case.
3. pics above to shove you where you can grab accessory/ignition wire
good luck

Gettreal

Reaction score
Thanks so much... Like I said, I love pictures.

I am already using the power/ground/ignition switch you show in your picture for the dvd players I installed in my headrest.

I will just drill through the firewall for power and a new ignition power. Thanks

Gettreal

Reaction score
I havent had a bunch of time to pull everything back out but I realized this morning that my clock on my radio now wont set, all it shows is __:__. Did I do something when hooking up the PAC interface. This is the one that went in. Everything else seems to work ok. hmmmmm

edit to add...heres the pic of the back of the NAV/Radio looking down.. GM Geek, what is the far left wire. I tried to unplug it but couldnt...so I just left it. Did I mess something up by pulling on it?

Attachments

• ct_aoem-g1416.jpg
    ct_aoem-g1416.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 26
  • misc 019.jpg
    misc 019.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 33

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gettreal said:
I havent had a bunch of time to pull everything back out but I realized this morning that my clock on my radio now wont set, all it shows is __:__. Did I do something when hooking up the PAC interface. This is the one that went in. Everything else seems to work ok. hmmmmm

edit to add...heres the pic of the back of the NAV/Radio looking down.. GM Geek, what is the far left wire. I tried to unplug it but couldnt...so I just left it. Did I mess something up by pulling on it?

if your clock is not working, means, You GPS antenna unplug/damaged/not pluged back in all the way/or may be you are inside a building where you not getting any signal
if you asking about black cable all the way on left, it's a radio AM/FM antenna cable/plug
white with blue plug on the left side is GPS antenna cable