Replace 2nd row captain seats with 60/40 bench?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daddys_Deals

Reaction score
I have a 2002 GMC denali and want to know what needs to be done to replace my 2nd row captain seats with a 60/40 bench seat. We now need seating for 8. Can it be done? Does it use same mounting brackets? Let me know.

ZX1100F1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uses the same brackets and is a drop in replacement.

l080100

Reaction score
I have a 2002 GMC denali and want to know what needs to be done to replace my 2nd row captain seats with a 60/40 bench seat. We now need seating for 8. Can it be done? Does it use same mounting brackets? Let me know.

As said in the prev. post, you should be able to direct swap them. We have a 60/40 bench in our Yukon I'd part with for a set of captains chairs.....

markiv396

Reaction score
We too are looking at increasing our seating capacity but have not decided if we want to hold on to the grey, leather captain chairs. If anyone is interested in them then let me know.

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are a direct bolt in. Just get all the plastic pieces, like the pivot cover on the bottom rear of the seat. I just changed mine from a Bench to the captains.
Just make sure you get the seats out of the same body style. Tahoe seat will not fit into a Suburban and vice versa

Daddys_Deals

Reaction score
As said in the prev. post, you should be able to direct swap them. We have a 60/40 bench in our Yukon I'd part with for a set of captains chairs.....

Thanks. I found out that we would need to have the 60/40 seat come out of an XL or Suburban in order to fit properly.

Daddys_Deals

Reaction score
They are a direct bolt in. Just get all the plastic pieces, like the pivot cover on the bottom rear of the seat. I just changed mine from a Bench to the captains.
Just make sure you get the seats out of the same body style. Tahoe seat will not fit into a Suburban and vice versa

Got it. Thanks for your help!

Daddys_Deals

Reaction score
are you planning on getting rid of your second row captian seats if so what color are they?

I think we are planning on holding onto them but, someone on this forum is interested in getting rid of their grey leather captain seats.

Daddys_Deals

Reaction score
We too are looking at increasing our seating capacity but have not decided if we want to hold on to the grey, leather captain chairs. If anyone is interested in them then let me know.

Hi,

Joecar15 from this forum may be interested.

Daddys_Deals

Reaction score

Sorry. It is Jocar15 and NOT Joecar15.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll trade you for my bench if it's the same color
DSC01563.jpg

Tracey

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Tahoe, want to know if I can replace 2nd row captain with a bench seat? Groceries, or anything else comes flying up between the captains chairs. Or maybe some kind of barrier? Hate my new Tahoe because of this issue. Anyone have any ideas?