Rough Country vs Pro Comp Leveling lift Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mortalwombat7

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I am looking into a leveling/lift kit for my 02 Z71. The two that I am interested in are the Rough Country 2" and the procomp 2.5"

Rough Country 2 Inch

Pro Comp 2.5 inch

The Rough Country is significantly more affordable, esspecially since it comes with shocks (I need new shocks in a serious way!), but it doesn't come with the strut spacers, and it's a tiny bit shorter. I initially wanted a 3" lift, but that steps up the cost drastically.

Does anyone have experience with either of these kits, and more importantly the Rough Country N2.0 shocks. I have heard they are a little stiff, and if I got the procomp I'd probably get some affordable Skyjacker Nitro shocks, which seem a little softer.

Is the Pro Comp worth the extra $200 it would cost all said and done?

Last edited:

mortalwombat7

Reaction score
I have another question to add to this thread. My dad, who has been doing this stuff his whole life, says it's not necessary to buy the tool to remove the keys. He said he's done them in the past by just backing the adjustment off enough that the keys can be removed and the new ones can be put in. From the videos I've seen on youtube, that doesn't look to be an option. Any opinions?