'Service ride control' light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Duggan

Reaction score
Is there some very knowledgeable member here that can help me out? I have a '01 Yukon XL, 5.3, 4 WD that is equipped with the Z55 Autoride system, this is my hunting vehicle, it never has and never will tow anything.
I dearly love the truck but it is time to replace the rear shocks and I don't want to go for a kings ransom for autoride shocks that will never be used. My question is this; how do I disable the auto ride system so that I can install a set of good quality aftermarket shocks and not have to look at that ugly yellow ' service autoride' light on the panel. Any suggestions will be most gratefully received. Thanks all.
Jack Duggan

opdenali

Reaction score
Hey Jack, i've got a '04 Yukon Denali and can feel your pain. I've been looking for some aftermarket shocks and haven't had any luck finding any that are compatible with the Z55 autoride system. I would be intersted in any info on disabling or bypassing this system as well.

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have brand new in the box and sealed shocks for the Z55 autoride option if you're interested! These wont eliminate the autoride. These are direct replacement!

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run a resistor and install any shock you prefer, or there are a few places online that sell them for cheap.

biff467

Reaction score
have you replaced the shocks already and just want to get rid of the light on the dash? my buddy's yukon did the same thing and he just pulled a fuse to disable the light.