Shocks for 2000 Yukon SLT 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not lowering, I'm not lifting, When I go over a bump I get a terrible noise from the rear, I'd say the passenger side. When I stop hard the truck doesnt continue to rock but when it does go to the return position I hear it again. Its not a squeek, its more like a squak sound. I have just turned 92k,m not sure if they have ever been replaced. Well if it is a shock problem what do I replace them with, I want a comfortable ride, not rough. Hoping to correct this problem this week end.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got new rear shocks, still makes that same noise. The shocks they removed looked alot larger in diameter than the ones the installed. When I do the fronts I'm going to just go with the Bilstiens all around, especially the napa's the put in the rear

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, it would make kind of like a creak or squak when I went over a big speed bump or when the back of the truck sat down when I stopped hard or something like that. Took it to 3 dealers before I found one that knew what it was, it was the rear lower control arms. They were pretty expencive, parts and labor it was like $550 for a 15 minute job.