Should GM bring back a 2dr model Tahoe?

Should GM/Chevy bring back a 2door model Tahoe?

• Yes

Votes: 121 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 63 32.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the new Tahoes are pretty much perfect for a "all new" model - however - are there any of you that think they need to bring back the 2door model as well that they stopped making back in 1999?

I would like to see some votes on the matter as, I myself would go buy one this instant if they would bring the 2dr version back.

:cheers:

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yes! It would look great on the new body style. I remember they had prototypes of a GMT800 2-door Tahoe and they had a K5 concept for it.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the 2door GMT800 one that got dumped.

Attachments

• 2doorTahoespotted.jpg
    2doorTahoespotted.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 229

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its a shame, as the 2Door Tahoe holds such a high resale value now that most banks will not even loan the amount they typically sell for now. They are still selling for top dollar here in the south.

I have a bud who has made a specialized business by just selling/flipping 2Door Tahoe(s) years 1996-1999.

I know they sell a bazillion Tahoe(s) already but they could sell a bazillionX2 if they made a 2 door version again. Just my thoughts.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if it is a limited edition model people will buy it. I know some people said that if a 2door Tahoe came out they would buy it right away. Seeing that GM makes profits off of the GMT900s it could be a good idea. If a 2door Tahoe would be made I would like to see it be off-road capable.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about that

I think 2 door is not as practical and may not sell that well.

I just sold my 98 2 door Tahoe that I bought new.. I loved it. I would have people stop me in traffic asking if I would sell it. When I bought my 07 The Dealer asked if I was going to trade mine in, I said no. I would sell it out right. His first comment was you will get more then book for it, people are always looking for a good 2 door. I sold it in two weeks for more then NADA book Top condition. I agree a new version not going to sell as many as the 4 door but they have a market for it if they build it. For me now that I have the 4 door I can't go back to a 2 door. Just to nice not having to move the seat up to let people in. Plus the new model 4 door with 20" wheels looks like something I would drive. It has a youth look to it:lol: The old 98 in a 4 door had more of what my Grandfather would drive look.:eek::D

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I just sold my 98 2 door Tahoe that I bought new.. I loved it. I would have people stop me in traffic asking if I would sell it. When I bought my 07 The Dealer asked if I was going to trade mine in, I said no. I would sell it out right. His first comment was you will get more then book for it, people are always looking for a good 2 door. I sold it in two weeks for more then NADA book Top condition. I agree a new version not going to sell as many as the 4 door but they have a market for it if they build it. For me now that I have the 4 door I can't go back to a 2 door. Just to nice not having to move the seat up to let people in. Plus the new model 4 door with 20" wheels looks like something I would drive. It has a youth look to it:lol: The old 98 in a 4 door had more of what my Grandfather would drive look.:eek::D

Really/, I didn't know there was a demand for those.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How 'bout a 4-door Tahoe/Yukon with gull-wings in the front and suicides in the rear? :smilielol:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously tho, my uncle had an old Blazer that I loved to ride in as a kid. Fun truck, and he used to fly in that thing!

Looked kinda like this '67/'68, but I can't remember the exact year it was (hey I was a kid):

69-70%20blazer.jpg

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I For me now that I have the 4 door I can't go back to a 2 door. Just to nice not having to move the seat up to let people in. Plus the new model 4 door with 20" wheels looks like something I would drive. It has a youth look to it:lol: The old 98 in a 4 door had more of what my Grandfather would drive look.:eek::D

Im not sure the new Tahoe would look good in 2 door form, it looks too good in 4 door to chop it down! As far as practacality goes there is definately none, I never understood why they made the 2 doors because they are so much harder to get in and out of. And as far as the 98s looking like a grandpa car, I have a 97 and trust me it ain't no grandpa car :mad2:. A Buick or Oldsmobile is a grandpa car.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure the new Tahoe would look good in 2 door form, it looks too good in 4 door to chop it down! As far as practacality goes there is definately none, I never understood why they made the 2 doors because they are so much harder to get in and out of. And as far as the 98s looking like a grandpa car, I have a 97 and trust me it ain't no grandpa car :mad2:. A Buick or Oldsmobile is a grandpa car.

Well, Your right it's not as practical as the 4 door but neither is the Monte Carlo compared to the Impala, same car one 2 door other is 4 door; GM has a market for both. Some people who don't have a large family like the 2 door, plus it is very easy to park and move in and out of traffic. My 2 door was 14" shorter than the new 4 door.

Last edited:

Hawstly

Site Admin
Reaction score
I agree, as Corvettes are one of the most impratical cars on the planet and I have owned several :D

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, as Corvettes are one of the most impratical cars on the planet and I have owned several :D

Your right, but the fact is Tahoe SUV's, Sport Utility Vehicle, and should be practical, a Corvette is designed to be impractical, a Tahoe is not.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm with you.. We've had a Corvette around the house now since 99. We have a 04 CE coupe now and love it. No way I could ever get my wife out of it :D

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right, but the fact is Tahoe SUV's, Sport Utility Vehicle, and should be practical, a Corvette is designed to be impractical, a Tahoe is not.

People buy vehicles for all sorts of reasons. You pointed out that the U in SUV stands for utility.:rolleyes: But there are two other letters in SUV. I didn't buy my 2-door Tahoe for the utility, but for the sport, Sport Utility Vehicle. In my opinion, a 4-door SUV should not have sport in the name. The true SUV should have 2 doors. It's not impractical at all for me. I don't have kids in the house any more, and I usually don't have any more than one passenger with me. For me, it would be a waste of sheet metal if I had 4 doors. That would be impractical to me. I would very much like to see them produce 2-door Tahoes again.