Should I buy a 2019 Tahoe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magill 22

Reaction score
My 1999 suburban was finally starting to show it's age at 189,000 miles. So last year I purchase a new 2019 Tahoe with the larger 6.2L engine & 10 spd transmission. I definitely would recommend this engine/transmission over the base drivetrain. You'll have much more power, and you'll barely notice the transmission shifting. It's butter smooth, (at least mine is.)
If you can, test drive similar models with the different engine/transmissions. You'll see what I mean.
As for the new 2021 model, I'd wait at least a year to purchase. It's best to stay away from 1st year model change vehicles. I learned that a long time ago. (I'm an ex GM employee.)

Botumfedr

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2020 Premier. Traded a 2011 w 98,000 mi. Happy so far for the long buck. Mileage seems to have improved and electronics and headsup display are like an aircraft.

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1999 suburban was finally starting to show it's age at 189,000 miles. So last year I purchase a new 2019 Tahoe with the larger 6.2L engine & 10 spd transmission. I definitely would recommend this engine/transmission over the base drivetrain. You'll have much more power, and you'll barely notice the transmission shifting. It's butter smooth, (at least mine is.)
If you can, test drive similar models with the different engine/transmissions. You'll see what I mean.
As for the new 2021 model, I'd wait at least a year to purchase. It's best to stay away from 1st year model change vehicles. I learned that a long time ago. (I'm an ex GM employee.)

I agree. Check out tahoeyukonforum.com. More active

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you able to buy one?
I would buy one. I would get ALL service records and have a independent mechanic or a mobile mechanic check it out from top to bottom just to be 100% sure. A nice long test drive on the highway and on surface streets would be on my list also before buying it.

That is just me.

tonymania

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy one. I would get ALL service records and have a independent mechanic or a mobile mechanic check it out from top to bottom just to be 100% sure. A nice long test drive on the highway and on surface streets would be on my list also before buying it.

That is just me.

Was asking the OP, though. Hope he ended up buying one.