SL, SLE, SLT.. what do they mean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean for real? I've searched everywhere and i still wonder what these acronyms mean

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I KNOW that they all are different packages slt being the one with the most options im not sure what the letters represent but its just the package of the vehicle!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres another thread on here from awhile back were we wre all trying to figure it out. everyone was posting their options... mines an LS. basically means "no leather".

IIRC
LS- Luxury Sprot
LT- Luxury Touring

not sure on the others. although from what ive seen the ls/lt is chevy and slt and sle is GMC? someone post up if thats not right.

Rick90467

Full Access Member
Reaction score
--snip from ask.cars.com-- LT is a trim level found across the Chevrolet lineup on its cars, trucks and SUVs. LT isn't an acronym for something like “Luxury Touring†on newer models. According to a Chevrolet representative, it’s simply a code for higher-optioned trim designations.

At least in the old days,the letters meant something:SE Special Edition,GT Grand Turismo,GTA Grand Turismo Automatic,SS Super Sports,LE Luxury Edition,R/T Road and Track,VIP Very Important Person,GS Gran Sport,2+2 Seats 4......GM now seems to have lost its mind,and just names things for the heck of it.

So just make up your own acronym. I have an LT so i'll go with 'Lady of the Thistle'.

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '93 Yukon is the SLE model...I like to refer to it as the Super Luxury Edition. It came stock with all the bells and whistles you could every possible think of...then I went and added a real wood trim kit that included the replacement of the center consol.