Smoky Mountains Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sskessler

Reaction score
Well just took my '08 Tahoe with the 5.3L into the Great Smoky Mountains this past week, it did awesome. We spent all day in the mountains. We drove from Gatlinburg TN to Cherokee N.C. and back and up to Clingmans Dome. Tahoe never missed a beat, and my mileage was great....17.9 mpg..not bad for doing alot of acceleration up those steep roads. Going to Tenn from Louisiana and return trip...I got 21.3 mpg and 21.5 mpg...So I'm happy with the new Tahoe as is the family, made for a great comfortable trip.

Scott in Louisiana

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 49

EZYESS57

Reaction score
That's not bad at all. I just got back from Gatlinburg and I think my average economy was about 18mpg in my 07 LTZ. We went up the mountain into NC and I was getting about 6 mpg, but on the way down..... 99mpg all the way, never even had to hit the gas.

hazer396

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah we didnt take the tahoe on our trip last year because it takes too much gas..
we just use our Venture

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back a few weeks ago from Pigeon Forge, TN, on a family vacation! We rented an '08 Suburban that was awesome!!!

Let me add a pic! Do you recognize this shot?...:)

P1010001-3-1.jpg

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say I don't take a lot of long road trips, but the short road trips I have taken to San Diego or Disney land, the trip is an absolute joy, the seats are comfortable and you never get tired.

yea i know its awsome!!!! My trip to chicago was a breeze, The seats are not as cosy as my 06 yukon was, but the firmness helps me not get those sharp pains up my left side (ALWAYS HAPPENDS IF I SIT TO LONG) and i was abolutly amazed I was able to do a 15 hour trip in 12 hours ( would do 85-90 mph in a 70 mph speed zone, and 75-80 in a 65 speed zone, once i was out of VA i could use my radar detector)

Usually i need to stop every hour, stretch to get some relief on my back , but this time i only needed to stop when i needed gas, and i waited till the light chimed in, it was AWSOME, i was so happy with how this yukon preformed.