Stability System Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just driving home from church making a slow (maybe 15 mph) right hand turn on to my street and "STABILITY SYS ACTIVE" appeared on my DIC and the brake felt like it was grinding like it does when ABS kicks in, however I was going slow and the Tahoe was totally under control. After the brake returned to normal, the "STABILITY SYS ACTIVE" would not clear from the DIC. I had to restart my truck to get it to go off.

It seems like my Stabilitrak makes these kinds of errors when it is cold outside (it was below freezing when this happened this morning.)

It also shows "SERVICE STABILITY" many mornings on the first cold startup, but it soon disappears and Stabilitrak always activates when it is supposed to.

Is this a normal problem or should I take it in and have it checked out?

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened again today. On the way to work "STABILITY SYSTEM DISABLED" showed up on the DIC, had to restart the engine for it to re-activate :confused2: .

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is fairly common for the steering wheel position sensor to fail. usually we get a run of these failing as soon as the temperature drops. it is a sensor mounted at the base of the column.

salalah11

Reaction score
i have Tahoe 2008 and the indicator in dashboeard askes toservice brake syatem? , the light goes off and on.Is this somthing i need to worry about .i need urgent answer befor taking it to dealer . also the engin indicator goeas on and off.