Steering wheel DIC doesn’t work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fun4x4

Reaction score
I have an 03 tahoe the the steering wheel controls. The radio controls work normal but the DIC buttons don’t do anything.there are also some settings that need to be changed such as driver 1 setting is in French and some others. I suspect the instrument cluster has been changed because it shows 235000 miles and the truck seems to be in too good of shape to have that many miles (ie. no brake light or abs light on dash or check engine light no oil leaks) The instrument cluster that is in it is part number is 15114649. Is that the correct cluster for this truck.

Fun4x4

Reaction score
Wow! That is good to know. However, I am not having a power loss. The cluster appears the same as my 99 Sierra which does not have the steering wheel controls. I get the odometer and trip meter but none of the DIC info

PNW NBS Z71

Reaction score
The electrical link is not just for loss of power. It can effect dash readouts and steering wheel controls and many other things.

It is especially important if you live in the rust belt.

Fun4x4

Reaction score
Update... I was correct. It was the instrument cluster. I replaced it with a used one from a salvage yard and now I have the info from the DIC. On the other side of the coin I have no idea how many miles are on the truck. The cluster I took out showed 235000+ And I now know it was replaced current cluster shows 173000+. Obviously it is not accurate for this truck. I am just happy I didn’t have to spend $300 for a cluster and then pay the dealer to program it