Stock Bumpers painted??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwyatt27

Reaction score
does anybody know where i can get stock bumpers that can be painted/or are already painted?? I have a black tahoe and want the bumpers to match the black color and get rid of the chrome. thanks for the help!

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy paint-to-match bumpers, but your best bet will be to get a glossy black powder coat on your stock bumpers. I have mine done and they look great. I got rearended by an Excursion a couple months ago - Dented the crap out of the bumper, but barely scuffed the powder coat. They cost me 250.00 to have both bumpers powder coated. You wont get 1 paint to match bumper for that.. then you still have to get them painted. Here is a quick pic of one of my bumpers.

yukon%20spindles%20005.jpg

cwyatt27

Reaction score
that looks great! however my Tahoe has chrome front and rear bumpers, therefore i didnt think you could paint chrome. People tell me itll just flake off? i dont know what to do?? thanks for your help

cwyatt27

Reaction score
Oh Oh also, I was wondering if you can put a yukon denali grill like your yukon grill on a tahoe?? I'd get it painted black like yours too. It looks sick!

cwyatt27

Reaction score
ooh okay that sounds better. I just wasnt sure what they would do to the solid chrome/metal. Was your original bumper chrome and they painted it black?

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a new front paintable bumper for 70 bucks. Then painted over the chrome in the rear. I had the front chrome painted but bugs liked it too much.