Stock component crossover???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna appologise for the multiple questions, I just had to ask because these are topics that have not been covered or I just overlooked them on a previous thread...

After doing some research and reading up I wanted to ask: Do the Stock Components have a crossover? If so, where is it mounted? For those who have replaced the components in there Tahoe, Were you able to find a secure spot for the new crossover on the front doors?

Is there an area on the passenger side firewall where a power wire for an Amp to be ran through?

Last but not least, Does any one have pics of any of the work or Audio Installs they have in there trucks? I would really like to see.

Daniel

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Stock components in GM trucks only have a cap on the tweeter to block out lower frequencies. In most cases when I install components in these trucks, I mount the crossover on the door behind the panel. Sometimes, depending on how elaborate the system is or the size of the xover, I may mount them elsewhere, such as in the kick panel.
For pwr wire, I always run mine on the driver side. There is plenty of room to drill a hole and install a grommet then run your wire. You can go to the passenger side, but usually the hvac system components (blower motor, heater core, etc) take up a lot of the space and makes the driver side much easier.
Here are a couple links of some simpler installs I've done in mine and customer's trucks. They are pics of newer body styles, but you can get some ideas:
pics
mine
monitor

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Links JK!

The Enclosure that FergHoe Has in his truck is the way I would like to go but the area behind that "shell" very limited in space. I would think if any kind of enclosure could be put in that area it would be a fiberglass enclosure.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoebag03 has nice set up too in his tahoe but I wonder if any 94-99 tahoe owners out there in tahoe land have any pics of the installs of the same concept, in there tahoe's?