Suspension is done - quick pics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my spindles and springs yesterday. We had a hell of a time getting the driver lower ball joint out of the control arm - everything went fine otherwise.

Wheels didnt push out at all.

Its now 5/5 with DJM free travel mod.

I will post better pics in a day or 2 after i wash it up.

That is a tube of chapstick on the front tire in the last pic.

yukon_after_spindles%20011.jpg

yukon_after_spindles%20016.jpg

yukon_after_spindles%20020.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice one Ballsie! First time I think I've seen your car.
What kit did you use and how hard was the install?

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front: Belltech Keys and Mcgaughys drop spindles
Rear: DJM 5" coils and free travel mod

Rear took about 30 minutes - very easy.
Front took several hours as we could not get the driver side lower balljoint out of the stock spindle. I even went out and bought a ball joint removal tool and shattered it. We ended up removing the whole LCA with the stock spindles attached. Took it to the driveway - 2 whacks with a sledge and it was off. piece a cake from there on.

There are better pics of the truck in the gallery, but its only lowered 3/3 in those pics.

Thanks!!!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks!
So how do like the ride now, harsh?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks dope, did you pull the coil isolators when you installed the 5" springs? I may end up having a local spring shop build me some progressive rate 6" springs...maybe I should just bag this fu*ker.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I just swapped the springs and cut the bump stops. The front end is the perfect height and it has a nice rake to it. I am actually happy with it. Im normally the dumbass that always goes to low to make the car a pain in the ass to drive. The truck is nice and low and still has "driveability." I will get some measurement photos up in the next couple days.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a better pic. I couldnt get my buddy out of the driver seat. He drove it 20 miles before I even sat in it.
n654403472_1511202_5975.jpg

n654403472_1511189_9458.jpg

cwyatt27

Reaction score
hey that looks so badass! great job!! What kind of rims are those? and also on your frontend, what kind of bumpers do you have? it looks a lot like the denali.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoL does kind of loook like yours Boost...

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yours looks farmilliar..

Because he has seen mine

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What looks familiar boost?
Looks just like mine with only the keys...seems about 4" or maybe 4.5" drop up front. Get some of those helper bags for the back and pull the coil isolators, should give you the same drop or maybe more but it will ride 10x better and you'll have the ability to adjust the ride height. Did you ever do the free travel mod? Rear bottoming out on something?

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
free travel mod is done. I will check out the helper bags. I dont understand how they can make it ride better - it looks as though they just add more stiffness to an already stiff ride. I measured it when it was stock. It is right at 5" lower up front.

Last edited: