Sway bar problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zachaotic

Reaction score
Hey I am wondering if anyone has experience taking off their rear sway bar. I have a 95 33x12.5xr18. I put lift blocks on the rear end and tweaked my torsion bars up front. In the rear end now, my truck wobbles around bounces more than ever when I go over speed bumps and dips. I think its the sway bar with shorter play. My question really: Has anyone taken off their sway bar? if so how is the handling? does it feel more top heavy when you took it off? Or is it more worth it to get those sway bar extension linkage from 3 inch to 6 inch?

Thanks guys.

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd only recommend taking the sway bar off if you do a SAS conversion on the front. Other than that, the lift kit shouldve come with longer links for the year. You can always buy them through Rough Country too.

Zachaotic

Reaction score
I bought some blocks off amazon and some u-bolts from 6states.

I looked at the linkage, I need to get on that.

Zachaotic

Reaction score
solid axle would look nice up front. but I just changed everything short of bushings up there. Father in law had a set of D44s a while back.. figured my rig was in better shape they were off a 68 or something wagoneer.

ssglaird

Reaction score
Did you have to unbolt the sway bar to put in your blocks? I am looking to put two inch blocks and I can't seem to get enough clearance to put them in.