Tahoe Chick car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought this up in another thread but it deserves it's own.

Just bought a Tahoe 3-4 weeks ago. My 04 silverado had been totaled and I needed wheels and wanted to pay what was left of insurance pay off. It seems that 'hoes were going for less money than Silverados. I started looking at them and bought one at a very good price.

Prior to all of this I hadn't given Tahoes a second thought. I just thought of them as soccer mom vehicles. I'm not saying that a man that drives one is a sissy or girly man, 'cuz I'm driving one and I'm neither. I'm talking about the image the Tahoes, Yukons, ect..... have.

What image do you think the Tahoe has?

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
The Tahoe is a manly urban assault vehicle that is comfortable enough for chicks to drive, my wife dosn't really like driving it as it is so big, so what does that tell you. Don't worry what other people think just enjoy you're ride. People thought the H3 Hummer was a chick Hummer too so who cares as long as you enjoy it, but if you are sporting pink seat covers or something then we would have to wonder.

Denali168

Reaction score
There are definitely other cars out there are considered more of a chick car than a Tahoe (i.e. miatas, mr2's, jettas, bugs, etc). To each his/her own. That being said, my wife loves our Tahoe and Denali. I can't imagine any other vehicle up to the task of transporting my family! :thumbsup:

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought that mini vans, tiny cars (Miata, 3 series, C class, Z3, solstice, etc), and luxury brand SUVs were chick cars.

Most chicks only drive Hoes or Burbs out of necessity. They don't like driving big vehicles. I rarely see soccer moms in them around here, it's more like baseball moms.

Besides, if I saw a chick driving my Hoe... or worse yet, JK's blacked-out one... I'd think she's dangerous.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People with families tend to drive family cars. I happen to have both a Dodge Grand Caravan and a Yukon XL Denali. Does my ego suffer when I drive the minivan? Well, maybe a little. Does my bank account prefer that I have NO car payments? Oh yeah. I'll wear ladies underwear all day for two paid-for vehicles in my household. My wang/mojo got me where I am today -- and I don't mind giving it a rest to keep both these fine vehicles titled in MY name, not the banks. Plenty of time for living out my ego-maniacal issues later in life. My thinking is: "Be a man and drive what you can own."

Denali168

Reaction score
I agree with Getwired. I also have a minivan that I use for my business and I use it to drive my kids around once in awhile. And to be honest, I actually like driving the SAV (Sweet-Ass Van) because I can care less about where I park it and if someone dings it up.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always thought of Tahoes as kinda a mutual male-female truck. You get a lot of soccer moms hauling the kids around in their Tahoes and Suburbans, but I think they have a masculine look to them (especially the Z71 models). Both my wife and I have Tahoes, and we just got 16 year old daughter a Yukon Delali.

Don't give it a second thought, actually now thay you got me thinking about it, out of the 7 people I know with Tahoes/Yukons, 5 of them are men. Tahoes are engineered to be comfortable and easy enough to drive for women and rugged and versatile enough for men.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I've always thought of Tahoes as kinda a mutual male-female truck. You get a lot of soccer moms hauling the kids around in their Tahoes and Suburbans, but I think they have a masculine look to them (especially the Z71 models). Both my wife and I have Tahoes, and we just got 16 year old daughter a Yukon Delali.

Don't give it a second thought, actually now thay you got me thinking about it, out of the 7 people I know with Tahoes/Yukons, 5 of them are men. Tahoes are engineered to be comfortable and easy enough to drive for women and rugged and versatile enough for men.

I would like to think of the Tahoe/Yukon as a vehicle that does everything well.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the chevy suburban is the chick vehicle and the GMC is the man version as the GMC is more manly (imo dont flame me please) gmc is the truck guys drove while chevy is what the girls drove when i was in high school.

the BIG RED GMC IS ANNOYING AND I LOVE IT, THE GIANT YUKON XL on THE SIDE IS ANNOYING AND I LOVE IT, women dont like big annoying bells and whisles, they want somthing thats gets them from a to b. I love options and things that are complicated and cool looking, why i really like the built in nav, just is awsome.

GMC is PROFESIONAL GRADE, chevy is TUFF , i dont see chevys trucks busting through brick walls. :cool2:

to me my truck is personal, its somthing thats there when i need it to be and just as loyal as my dog. to a woman (and most men too) just need a vehicle, i admit im very attachted to my yukon. Because of that it will never be sold, i will keep it even if gas gets to 12 dollars a gallon. you mess with the KON you mess with ME.

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People with families tend to drive family cars. I happen to have both a Dodge Grand Caravan and a Yukon XL Denali. Does my ego suffer when I drive the minivan? Well, maybe a little. Does my bank account prefer that I have NO car payments? Oh yeah. I'll wear ladies underwear all day for two paid-for vehicles in my household. My wang/mojo got me where I am today -- and I don't mind giving it a rest to keep both these fine vehicles titled in MY name, not the banks. Plenty of time for living out my ego-maniacal issues later in life. My thinking is: "Be a man and drive what you can own."

I agree with you. 02 Tahoe, 07 Kia Sedona mini van Both paid for.
I get a little flack at work about the 'hoes color but if I had found a pink one for $500 dollars less, I'd be looking for those pink seat covers to match.
I am going to miss my Silverado from time to time but I will think about the payment I had and get over it.
Advantages of the Tahoe over the Silverado
1. U-turns
2. Parking
3. Work stuff doesn't get wet when it rains

Disadvantages
1.Taking the dog any where, she stinks up the cabin
2.Gas mileage
3.Loading my motorcycle on the hitch mounted carrier is more time consuming

They both carry the same amount of passengers 6. Perfect as I have a wife and 4 kids.

I still think it's a chick car. I drove across town today and counted the Tahoes and who was driving. I counted 9 Tahoes/Yukons with 2 men and 7 women. That's 3 out of ten if I count myself. So 70% of Tahoes are driven by women.

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a chicks car click on my profile!

Yes you do. A chick's car with big tires still qualifies as a chick's car.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Make a dress out of flannel and burlap and it's still a dress.:yesnod:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the chick cars are the new acadia and enclaves. their the full size corss over with smaller engines and better fuel economy, while the man drives the full size tahoe with the big v-8

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say hoes/burbs/kons can definatly qualify as chic cars in some cases. I see many females driving them, but usually the only ones that drive them are the ones that have to because of their large families. I spoke to my friend's mother about cars, and she said she was tired of driving her 2001 Suburban. She later gave the Suburban to my friend, and now she has an '04 LS430! So perhaps it's not much of a chic truck. But when striclty observing these trucks, I do notice that alot of the Denali and Escalade drivers are women, while the Z71 drivers are men.

But I can think of better chic cars. Probably 80% of Land Rovers I see around here are driven by women. But there's no reason to be concerned about your truck's masculinity. More than anything it's the driver that makes the truck what it is :cool2: . But there's plenty of ways to man it up, which many of us do. Exhaust, rims, audio anyone?

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup I'm with you, Tahoe/Yukon man vehicle!

But it takes a man to admit he drives a girl car.:D

On your drive to work tomorrow count up the number of women vs men driving Tahoes. Be honest now! And do it on the road, school parking lots will return a higher percentage of women in Tahoes and strip clubs a higher % of men.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you do. A chick's car with big tires still qualifies as a chick's car.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Make a dress out of flannel and burlap and it's still a dress.:yesnod:

I agree but its better than an M&M colored chicks car!

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say hoes/burbs/kons can definatly qualify as chic cars in some cases. I see many females driving them, but usually the only ones that drive them are the ones that have to because of their large families. I spoke to my friend's mother about cars, and she said she was tired of driving her 2001 Suburban. She later gave the Suburban to my friend, and now she has an '04 LS430! So perhaps it's not much of a chic truck. But when striclty observing these trucks, I do notice that alot of the Denali and Escalade drivers are women, while the Z71 drivers are men.

But I can think of better chic cars. Probably 80% of Land Rovers I see around here are driven by women. But there's no reason to be concerned about your truck's masculinity. More than anything it's the driver that makes the truck what it is :cool2: . But there's plenty of ways to man it up, which many of us do. Exhaust, rims, audio anyone?

I agree, but would add the ultimate women's car is the mini van. I would like to see a mini van made masculine or manned up. Not cost effective but one with a lift and 44's under it or something to that nature.