Tailgate not unlocking 2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nj2012

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Tahoe and my non powered tailgate doesn't unlock. (The tailgate glass opens but not the tailgate itself).

- I checked Fuse #10 and #11 in the side panel of the cluster marked as UNLOCK2, LOCK2. Both looked fine but I replaced them regardless and still nothing happened.

- I replaced the actuator (non-powered) and it still doesn't open.
When I press the unlock/lock buttons I don't hear any sound in the tailgate area (is there supposed to be locking/unlocking noise when I press the buttons on my remote)?

what's the next step I should take?

P.S. When you press the unlock button on the remote, is there supposed to be sound in the tailgate?
I'm trying to see maybe its the pad on the tailgate handle where I press to open the tailgate that is bad. But there is no sound whatsoever when I click the unlock/lock buttons. So I'm assuming its not the pad yet and the problem is somewhere else.

In the mean time I'm opening the tailgate by pushing the metal piece attached to the actuator.