Terrible drone noise in cabin after FIPK and Magnaflow Cat-back install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erickshoe

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions to help get rid of the terrible drone noise that my Tahoe is experiencing after I installed a K&N fipk and Magnaflow cat-back kit? Right around 2000-2400 rpms it has a terribly loud in-cabin drone and quite frankly I cant tell for sure if its the muffler or the intake, it's almost like they both work in tandem and build on one-another. I installed the cat-back system a couple years ago and finally sprung for the K&N kit, after installing the cat-back kit I noticed a slight drone in these rpm ranges, but really nothing that I didn't expect. After installing the K&N kit it has this drone that as I said, is very loud and overpowering. My wife hates riding in my tahoe now and I cant really blame her. When I sit in the back seat it really doesnt seem to me that it is coming from the muffler (which would be right underneath me in the rear seat). But when I sit up front, it seems like the noise is all over. I enjoy how the truck drives and performs now except for the drone noise. When cruising at 70 mph and you add a little throttle just enough to take it out of overdrive and accel a little bit is when the noise is horrible and since my vehicle weighs over 5000 lbs, that is just about every single time i add any throttle from cruising or anytime I get to a hill. Anybody have experince with this problem?
Thanks, Erick