The dreaded chip in the paint...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So some...ahem...guy parked stupidly close to my Tahoe and smacked his door into it and drove off :mad2: (observed from my office window). When I left for the day I checked it out and there was a nice chip in the paint showing white beneath, presumably the primer. :mad3: What's a guy to do? :gun: My first thought is touch-up paint and waxing over it, but I've never really used touch-up paint with any success before. What do you guys suggest? And, for the record, I don't sit in my office looking at my car all day I swear...really I don't...no really...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, i have so many little paint chips or scrapes on the bumper from idiots who cant judge distance right from their hood to my bumper, IDIOTS.:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: or kids in the car next to me saying MOMMY I WANNA OPEN THE DOOR, BANG!!

i think there are 5 little dents in the crome strips on the door from kids in cars doing that. or moms who just dont care, :mad3: :mad3:

just for the record, sitting and looking out my office window at the yukon is one of my favorite past times

Last edited:

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen touch up paint used in layers wet sanded (be careful) and another layer as needed to fill the chip. Don't want to try to fill it with one layer. Then polish it out.

Good luck, I hate that. I tell my kids when they get out to "LOOK OUT FOR OTHER CARS"

Aaron

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a ton of chips in my hood especially along the nose. I put a bug shield on to hopefully save me a little bit, but there are still a bunch more up higher. I try to always park as far away from other cars, so I'll walk a little farther just to save the paint.