The GMT900 Silverado Front End

What front end do you wish they would have used?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of it? Do you like it or wish they would have used the TaBurblanche one?

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that by using the front end they did, it really gives the Silverado individuality, if you remember back a few years to the 99-02 models they had the same front, and I never liked that they just strapped the same front end on the Silverado, it looked like they were just trying to cut costs. Don't get me wrong, I love the new Tahoe front end, but the Silverado needs to be differ somehow from the Tahoe. As long as its not in the interior or ride!! To be fair they should have split the Avalanche front end in half, one half Tahoe, other Half Silverado, :cool2:. :Chevy:

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the Tahoe front end would have looked retarded on a silverado. The Silverado needs to portray a sense of ruggedness, the Tahoe neeeds to portray a sense of rugged luxury in a way. Now then, I do much prefer the front end of the Silverado, just because it reminds me of the GMT-800s. I do wish i could get a Tahoe with that front end, AND the truck dash that is in the new silverados. I dont like change.

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they should have used the 'Hoe front end.

While Crazydefense32 and JAGastrock's points are well-taken, if Chevy wants "individuality," why does the new Malibu have essentially the same grille as the 'Hoe?

It's called branding, and the Silverado doesn't follow the brand. Unless you would want to argue that the Silverado is its own brand...

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I think they are just trying to distinguish SUVS from their pickup brethrens. Partially to keep people from having a coronary when they realize that a Tahoe/Burban is basically a slightly modified Pickup truck, and yet (and folks, you have to admit this is true) they are significantly overpriced. The Expedition and F150 used to be almost identical from the front, but, once you stick the Expy up against the new front on the F150, there is quite a difference.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I think they are just trying to distinguish SUVS from their pickup brethrens. Partially to keep people from having a coronary when they realize that a Tahoe/Burban is basically a slightly modified Pickup truck, and yet (and folks, you have to admit this is true) they are significantly overpriced. The Expedition and F150 used to be almost identical from the front, but, once you stick the Expy up against the new front on the F150, there is quite a difference.

Now their the same. cheap ass ford people. :smilielol:

Attachments

• 09.ford.f150.platinum.340.jpg
    09.ford.f150.platinum.340.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 07Expedition.jpg
    07Expedition.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5