The interior is out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Pulled out the interior to get it ready for some sound deadening and a new sub-system makeover. Expanding foam is going between the exterior and interior body panels and the entire interior is getting layered with Dynamat from top to bottom, with double layers in high noise areas (wheel wells, rear cargo floor, firewall, etc). Then I'm installing a new layer of jute on top of the original layer. I want to get rid of a lot of the exhaust droning and road noise, and be a little closer to the nice quiet ride of a luxury sedan. I'll post more pics as I go along.

993e8199.jpg

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the way you do things JK. I'm planning on doing the same but not as extreme. Keep taking the pics, I'm learning alot from you.

How much weight will it add? Or is weight not an issue?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLD CRUD, had no idea you were even planning such a project. please keep us updated. boy that things gunna be library quiet once your done. :man:

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep give me a Sparco racing seat and I'll drive it just like that :p

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I love the way you do things JK. I'm planning on doing the same but not as extreme. Keep taking the pics, I'm learning alot from you.

How much weight will it add? Or is weight not an issue?
:thumbsup: Thnx. I'll post pics and I'll try to do write-ups on interior door panel and trim removal/installation, sound deadening application, etc. w/pics as I progress, all in the Tech Write-up forum.
Any type of butyl or asphalt sound deadening material will add weight considerably, especially with as much as I'm applying. I'm expecting about 100-120 lbs or so of Dynamat and about another 15-20 lbs of jute.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Thnx. I'll post pics and I'll try to do write-ups on interior door panel and trim removal/installation, sound deadening application, etc. w/pics as I progress, all in the Tech Write-up forum.
Any type of butyl or asphalt sound deadening material will add weight considerably, especially with as much as I'm applying. I'm expecting about 100-120 lbs or so of Dynamat and about another 15-20 lbs of jute.

how many sq ft of dynamat are you planning on needing? i bet thats a pretty pricey project.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
how many sq ft of dynamat are you planning on needing? i bet thats a pretty pricey project.
I'm going to buy 80 sq ft to start off with. I have some left over from one of my other cars I finished this past summer, so with that it should be enough.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
mine is super quiet even at 80mph. now its no buick enclave or mercedes. but its super quiet.
Mine was that way before the moddin' began. I have a single-chambered Flowmaster dumped before the rear axle, and the road noise with my current tires are a little louder than the stock tires. I'm also extending the exhaust system out to the rear with some new tips to help with the interior noise level. Drives my wife crazy sometimes when we go on long trips.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You pulling the headliner too? Thats the only part of deadening that I hate, especially with all the ductwork for the rear hvac.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you doing anything in the rear tailgate? i get some rattles in my tailgate from my subs.

im tight as a drum. what are you guys doing to these things driving down the side of mountain upside down with 2 ton bolders on the inside?:smilielol: J/k

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is too, thats why I bought a GM over anything else when I got my LT. Sadly, though, when I got the Lucerne, it made the Tahoe sound like a truck. New tires should help.

thats why i mentioned the buick. the quiet tuning is one of the best i have heard on those.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You pulling the headliner too? Thats the only part of deadening that I hate, especially with all the ductwork for the rear hvac.
Undecided on the headliner for now. I'm not doing a spl system or anything huge this time around, but if I have some Dynamat left over then I might think about.

are you doing anything in the rear tailgate? i get some rattles in my tailgate from my subs.
The liftgate is getting layered as well. Pretty much almost every square inch, except the headliner. And if I have enough leftover to make it worth it, I may even do the headliner.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to make it real quiet, you should put the acustic glass in there that buick uses. i will go break all your windows for you so you can make an insurance claim. :D