Third row seat stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayjysmth

Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LT w/ third row seating. Right side lays flat and then tumbles or can be removed but left side will only lay flat. Feels as if the release mechanism is stuck. I have tried everything but can't get it out. When the seat is in the upright position it feels as if it is loose and I imagine this is why it will not unlock.

Any advice?

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like something for them to deal with. If I were you I wouldn't try to fix it myself because you might break it. And then what? The dealer will say that you screwed it up.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was not locked in properly to begin with. It won't fold right if it's not right on track. Same thing probably causing it to not unlatch right either.

StL07Tahoe

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my '07 earlier this year. The replaced they latch and everything has been fine since.

dfsullivan

Reaction score
I have same problem with 2005 Yukon, except mine won't even fold flat. I'm out of warranty, so I would really like to fix it myself if possible. (Also my left 3rd row seat!)

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was not locked in properly to begin with. It won't fold right if it's not right on track. Same thing probably causing it to not unlatch right either.

x3.

Happened to me as well. Remove the seat and push it back in. My base was not locked in, did not allow the backrest to come up.

dfsullivan

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I can't get the base to release either, but I've decided to try leverage on the release for the base (#2) tomorrow and force it.

rsinsel

Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LT w/ third row seating. Right side lays flat and then tumbles or can be removed but left side will only lay flat. Feels as if the release mechanism is stuck. I have tried everything but can't get it out. When the seat is in the upright position it feels as if it is loose and I imagine this is why it will not unlock.

Any advice?

Pull out the good one, then check the other seats latches. If is not properly latched it won't flip fold up. I have one that is cantankerous at times.

dfsullivan

Reaction score
Thanks! Great advice. It was not fully latched. Took it to the dealership and they just gave it a hard shove forward causing the latch to engage. Worked perfectly after that. (Naturally, I stood there watching feeling like a complete idiot.) I will say, however, it was not apparent from my observation that the thing was not fully seated, and I couldn't remove it.