This Look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCalHoe

Reaction score
New to the forum. I'm in San Diego have an 02 Tahoe 2wd. On 22's at the moment but I want to lift it. I keep hearing ford Keys and spacers possibley a body lift. Cant afford a full suspension kit, and really dont need it I guess, although would like it. Mostly street driven and wont get beat on. Question is can I obtain this look with doing Keys and Spacers, body lift? And what would I need to get to aquire this look.

Thanks.

Brian

Attachments

• Tahoe.jpg
    Tahoe.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 131

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that tahoe is on 6in with 35s. you can do a 3in body lift and run 35s but with keys and spacers you can only run 33s

SoCalHoe

Reaction score
Just the body kit? I was under the impression that I had to do both, body and the keys and spacers. So how dumb does a body kit look? Any users on here that have the body kit and 35's that I can look at? Or 33's and keys and spacers. Was leaning towards 35's but would like to see all of the options. Thanks for the quick reply. I keep doing searches but dont think Im getting the results I want. Want it cheep lol, but dont want a big gap you see between the body and the frame, and do all the kits raise the bumpers or do you have to buy that seperately? Thanks again and Anybody need some 22's on tires with 95% tread? or trade

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can also do a spindle lift which is cheap. i forgot you have a 2wd. i would go with a body lift. i runs about 500 at the most and can clear 35s. look in the gallery for some ideas.

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if u look in the lifted section of the 00-06, 04burb has a body and 35s. there are only like 10 pics

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep thats it. u can also look at fullsizechevy and chevytruckworld. they have alot but that pic is the setup your looking for.

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well theres only one company im pretty sure that offers a body lift. its called performance accessories. i would look into body lifts more because you do have to sacrifice some things. CTW will give you lots of good information.

Gray Ghost

Reaction score
That maroon Tahoe looks great. What can I run with a 3inch in the front and blocks in the rear?? I have been told that I can run 33s with the key turns, can I run 35s with the 3inch?? My 01 is about due for an overhaul. I desperately need to post pics to get everyones opinion.

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well u cant do blocks in the rear cause u use a coil spring setup. you would use coild spacers that would provide about 3in at the most (suspension maxx) other then that the setup u mentioned would be right. i would go with the 33s. only 3in lift that would be safe would be the procomp 3in kit or a rancho 4in. both you would be able to run 35s. other then that stick to the 33s

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run 35's but you will get rubbing, so shaving will probably need to be done, and your torsion bars cranked.

Gray Ghost

Reaction score
Thank y'all both for the input. I am trying to avoid a body lift so I can stll mount a brush guard on the frame. I may just turn the keys to level it out so I can run the 33s. I have a choice between nitto terra grapplers and dune grapplers. any experience with either one of these?? What would look better??? Any pics??

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I understand the situation about mounting the brush guard with a body lift. I fabbed me some mounting brackets.

SoCalHoe

Reaction score
Just another question, go figure lol

So with the 3" body lift if I ran ford keys and spacers how much total lift would that be? enough for 37's? I doubt it but figured I would ask.

so to get the look I want from my understanding I just need the 3" body kit and a leveling kit?

What would be the difference in the 3" body, ford keys and spacers and a leveling kit?

Pics or links to pics would be great, didnt figure it would be this hard to find any pics.

Thanks again

SoCalHoe

Reaction score
Ya I plan on it, just wondering now if i just need the 3" body or 3" body keys and spacers