Tips for maximizing fuel economy

Discussion in 'General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum' started by JKmotorsports, Nov 5, 2007.

1. guzziee

guzziee New Member

just a tip to maximize fuel economy, and probably the best one :).

don't really care what you think either, good luck with your gas guzzler. :thumbsup:

2. Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder Full Access Member

:withstupid: :ende: :ban:

you just signed up to bash us for owning SUV's and on earth day too. you must be some enviormental @sshole, well i couldnt care less about the earth. im proud i own 4 gas guzzling cars that get 12 or less MPG. :cool2:

3. High4

High4 Full Access Member

Good point, Thunder. Signed up to let us know he sold his truck. Well, that sure makes a difference in my day! Maybe we should spend thousands on a new car to save a few hundred on gas. Oh yeah, this was such a bright approach!

4. Rafael

Rafael Full Access Member

I'm glad he sold his tahoe, people like that should not be allowed into this club. :mad2: :gy:

5. guzziee

guzziee New Member

Never said I bought another car, besides what do you people get all pumped up about? because you know you're spending a small fortune on gas these days :sla: . And don't expect for gas prices to go down, you'll be spending an arm and a leg for gas this summer. good luck with that.

6. Rollin Thunder

UM YES YOU DID
    so your eather becoming one of those wierdo SIMPLE people who are becoming car free. or sold your truck for a hybrid with hippie flowers on the back and started saying THE MAN, and got on drugs.

we didn't buy out tahoe/yukons for fuel economy, we bought them for alot of reasons, keep our family safe, need to tow a heavy load, just like the tahoe, want a reliable truck, or ALL OF THE ABOVE.

fuel economy is in the back of all of our heads, and its nice just to get a little better economy out of these trucks, were not asking for much, its just nice to know we can make it better. so we could again care less about your stupid comments.

7. TAHOE FREAK

TAHOE FREAK New Member

We spend a small fortune on gas because we like our Vehicles as they provide comfort and safety. I live in the land of $4 per gallon gas, but I want my family to be safe, we all feel this way.
    If you could contribute something positive to the forum that would be appreciated.

8. guzziee

guzziee New Member

Safety

Most people think that the hefty weight and sheer mass of SUVs benefits their safety. This is a total myth:

#1. High weight and a high center of gravity means that the SUV is much less adept at accident avoidance maneuvers, which of course is the best means of preventing injury.
    #2. The NHSTA (the highway crash statistics agency) registers higher instance and severity of injury among SUVs than comparable size cars. Insurance companies are starting to catch on and are raising rates on SUV owners.
    #3. SUVs are statistically far more likely to roll over than cars are, though the problem is over-inflated by the media and consumer magazines.
    #4. The stopping distances of these porkers are lengthened by their excessive weight and primitive brakes. The poor tanks can't stop fast enough to avoid falling off cliffs! I don't know if that is good or bad!

SUVs are also subject only to U.S. standards of trucks, not cars. This means they have inferior crash-test requirements and do not require safety features like airbags, side impact beams, and impact absorbing bumpers. My only point in all this is that if SUVs are not up to car standards.

9. LAP TOP GAMER

LAP TOP GAMER Full Access Member

flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines

OK troll you should leave now as we love our vehicles and you don't, so by by troll!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  10. FergHoe

FergHoe Full Access Member

Guzzie.....Why are you even on this forum? Why you are here makes no sense to me....

11. LAP TOP GAMER

Because he is a nice little troll that needs to be shown the door.:nunu: :nunu: :nunu: :nunu:

12. Hoebag03

Hoebag03 Full Access Member

hell be the guy that gets his prius stuck in my undercarraige.....
    you cant compare SUVs to cars in a rollover, cars are 4 inches of the damn ground for one! yes its hard to roll a car, but when my bumper goes thru your windshield your stupid gas milage wont save you:ban:

13. Ibcheeky

Ibcheeky New Member

I hate these low life freaks that troll the internet looking to push their beliefs on others.

Here you go "guzziee", links with articles your mom can read to you......

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-08-19-small-cars_N.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/19/automobiles/19auto.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Be sure to focus on the type of vehicle that is safest on the "Driver Death" graph!

By the way, I am getting another Tahoe this summer. That's right another one on the road! I hope you dont become a statistic on one of these charts!

14. Rebound

Rebound Full Access Member

Avoidance is good. In the absence of that ability, I'll take structural strength to protect me. You also can't avoid the accident you can't see.

Thanks for the explaination of NHSTA - we're car/truck people here, and we know what it is. You're not talking to your tree-hugging buddies here...
    The reason rates are going up is the cost of repairs, and the cost to repair the other car in the accident. You know, the one that was DESTROYED by my SUV that got a scratch and a cracked headlight?

You've already said it - OVER-INFLATED. Now why don't you compare/contrast this with your first point? You missed a trick, skippy.

Yeah - that ABS/traction control sure is primitive. Lord I long for the days of bias-ply tires and drum brakes!

Oh, and Skippy? You sank your own argument - you yourself called them tanks. That's why we like them. See my comments after your point #1.

While they may not be legally held to that standard by the government, I defy you to find one that doesn't meet it, or just narrowly miss it. The driving public wants that level of safety in all its vehicles, so the factory provides it - it's called free market economics. You should look into it.

My 'Hoe has a plethora of airbags, side impact protection, and strong bumpers. I'm sorry, what was your point again? :Yawn:

15. LAP TOP GAMER

I was refueling one day bitching about the insane gas prices, then I see a crushed small car on the back of a flat bed then I feel better.

16. High4

High4 Full Access Member

You said it would be easier to sell it and get a four or six cylinder car. But true, you didn't say that you actually got a car, just that it would be easier if you did. Can't speak for others, but can assure you that I'm not "pumped up". Nor am I even the least bit concerned about what I'll be spending on gas this summer...for the truck or the boat. I just found your rant to be amusing and probably shouldn't have poked at you.

17. Rollin Thunder

i make money, i can afford it, but your mommy might not give you any since you were a bad boy and didnt eat your veggies. :lol:

18. LAP TOP GAMER

I find trolls interesting whether it is on the Hummer forums or where ever, these people are usually eather enviro whackos or envious people that would love to own what you have but can't for what ever reason, so they will slam what they can't have, or are to lazy to work for.
    Yeah it cost a lot to operate these vehicles, but people can't be replaced. SUV's do roll over if you drive like a moron. I drive slower and more carfully and I end up at the same stoplight that the moron who is driving like an ass, but trolls though annoying are somewhat amusing for a while.

19. hmbtahoe

hmbtahoe New Member

Very good tips.
    Thanks

20. MCF34

MCF34 Full Access Member

Why does my POS (I only say that because I get horrible gas mileage) get only 13mpg?? I drive ~5 miles each way to and from work each day. I have two stops signs and two lights. For the small stretch (about 3 miles) that it is straight, I put it in cruise at 55mph and see it in V4 mode well above 20mpg. I drive it VERY softly. It has 7300 miles on it and put in synthetic at 7000 miles.....Chevy should be sued for claiming 17mpg in the city....I have never even seen an average of 17mpg driving on road trips with 90 percent on highway at 65mph (in V4 mode)....