Top mounted DVD install issue from Circuit City

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an aftermarket top mounted DVD installed. I had it done at Circuit City and I was initially very happy with the seemingly well done install about 1 month ago. Then when I was vacuuming my car I found 2 drill holes in the lower panel under my steering wheel. Apparently they tryed to drill a hole twice and messed up for the hardwired FM transitter switch. I am a bit upset. Do you think I should make them replace the panel? Also a screw is missing for that same panel. You can't really see it unless you know it is there, but still, it my new baby.

Also, I am getting a little rattling from the headliner now. Any suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks

Attachments

• holes_f.jpg
    holes_f.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 47
  • holes_c.jpg
    holes_c.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Gettreal

Reaction score
I am pretty picky with anything I get installed. If Im paying for it...it better be done right and I dont think thats too much to expect. So personally, yes I would be asking for them to replace it. Not getting mad about it, just tell them , thats the expectation you have when you pay for something and they should understand that. I would start with a phone call to the manager though, since he/she is the only person that will probably care. Good luck

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those Sons of !!!!!!!:mad: I agree with the last two posts, take it back and show the damage to the manager and make them pay or replace anything that they took out or miss and yes have them check out the noise you mention. I hope everything works out.

chevyfreak

Reaction score
If it has been a month they may claim that it was something that you did to it. If it was a couple of days afterwards they would probably have to replace it. You may have some trouble with the store unless the manager is really nice.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called them and I will bring it by to show the manager tomorrow. I am sure they will fix it, I just wasn't sure if I was being unresonable. The more I think about it the more it makes me upset. I am sure I won't have a problem even after a few weeks. Why would I drill two obscure holes 6 inches away from where they mounted the switch. I called the dealer and the part is only 49 bucks so they should pay for it no problem.

chevyfreak

Reaction score
yukc said:
I called them and I will bring it by to show the manager tomorrow. I am sure they will fix it, I just wasn't sure if I was being unresonable. The more I think about it the more it makes me upset. I am sure I won't have a problem even after a few weeks. Why would I drill two obscure holes 6 inches away from where they mounted the switch. I called the dealer and the part is only 49 bucks so they should pay for it no problem.

Yea it definitely should not cause you any problems then with the store. Lets all hope the store does the right thing. You are being completely reasonable. I would be mad also.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked with the manager and they were very nice and apologetic about the issue. They seemed upset at the installer for not telling anyone what he did. They are ordering the part and I should have it soon. So it all worked out well.

Last edited:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yukc said:
I talked with the manager and they were very nice and apologetic about the issue. They seemed upset at the installer for not telling anyone what he did. They are ordering the part and I should have it soon. So it all worked out well.

Glad everything worked out!!!:cool:

MANNYH316

Reaction score
those two holes you see are from a anti theft security system that dealerships sell to customers. Most dealers install them in all of their vehicles and offer the security systems to customers in the finance office if they do not want the security system dealer ship removes it but holes remain their

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wasn't offered to me at the dealer nor was anything installed there before. The holes seemed too staggered to mount something level. Also there is no space behind the panel for mounting anything. A metal bracket is in the way.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MANNYH316 said:
those two holes you see are from a anti theft security system that dealerships sell to customers. Most dealers install them in all of their vehicles and offer the security systems to customers in the finance office if they do not want the security system dealer ship removes it but holes remain their

Well I guess MANNYH316 was right. When I went to pick the car up last night, the installer told me the same story. It did ring of truth and he even showed me the connection they use for the security device. I apologized and mentioned that I brought the car in the same week I purchased it. I didn't notice the panel when I bought the car. I assumed it was from them because the switch is near the holes. How would I have known. If I would have at all thought the dealership would do such a thing I would have gone to them first for replacement. Also, you would think if they saw the holes, they would have made a note of it on the paperwork when I picked up the car.

Anyways, they said, "it was to late, management already approved it and payed for it. So just keep it." I feel bad!! I wasn't trying to scam anyone, I just wanted my damaged panel fixed.