Trading Up!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajay

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 2008 Yukon Denali with 77K miles that I absolutely love and has been relatively trouble free. I want to trade up to a low mileage 2013 or 2014 model exactly like what I have. Are there any issues with these model years that I should be aware of??

Thanks for any help, advise or comments!!

bizrjr

Reaction score
I'm new to the Denali game and GMC world in general but I know going 09-14 you'll get 23 extra horsepower and I think a few extra features on the audio/nav system. Can I ask why you'd look for the same vehicle but new? I'd think a quality 13 would be in the high 30K range and a 14 in the mid 40K range still. There are still 14 left overs brand new I think. If you'd spend that kind of money you may be able to wait 2 years for the new models to come into that price range if you even like them.

Ajay

Reaction score
I'm new to the Denali game and GMC world in general but I know going 09-14 you'll get 23 extra horsepower and I think a few extra features on the audio/nav system. Can I ask why you'd look for the same vehicle but new? I'd think a quality 13 would be in the high 30K range and a 14 in the mid 40K range still. There are still 14 left overs brand new I think. If you'd spend that kind of money you may be able to wait 2 years for the new models to come into that price range if you even like them.

I'm thinking with 77K mileage, now is the time to part with my Denali if I want to get anything for it on trade or outright sale. Hoping to get $25-$28K that I can use to purchase a newer model. Seems a low mileage 2013 -2014 is running in the high $40K range so I should be able to upgrade without parting with too much cash. I like the 2015 model but I don't have the stomach for a $70K purchase. :sad72:

bizrjr

Reaction score
I just bought my first Denali at 72k miles lol. It's an 11 certified tho so I guess I can understand your thoughts on the 08. If I were in your shoes I'd have it looked over next service with all gmc recommendations and see what if any there are. Maybe throw a few bucks at some mods and or custom things to give yourself a new love for it. I have a storm grey and as soon as I can afford it I want to throw a set of the black 22 inch wheels from the 15 on it.

Dace

Reaction score
From what I have researched the 2007-2009 had most of the bugs and most of them were worked out by 2010. I.e. peeling door handles, cracked dashes, paint on the buttons peeling, thin clear coat, engine bearings, bad engines, bad transmissions etc.

I think you would be getting a better vehicle going from pre 2010 to post 2010.