TSB for ebony cloth material

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called Chevy Customer Satisfaction Center - re. the seats. As soon as I got in touch with the rep., he was already aware of the problem. He advised me that the engineers are currently working to solve the problem but cannot guarantee when they will come back w/ solution.

Also called the dealership. They are also aware of it. They received a lot of complaints. The guy said that he would personally call me when they come back with a resolution. I will keep you posted.

I am passing this along to other friends who owns the Tahoe as I do so they also call.

You had better luck than I just did. The person I reached at Chevrolet Customer Satisfaction claimed she could not find the original or the revised TSB number and said Chevy had no knowledge of the issue at all. She called the dealer who claimed no knowledge of it either and said he showed no record of any concern in my file. I had to give her the service writer's name and she called them again and magically found some reference to my gripe. Makes me wonder exactly what electronic record her initial contact was supposedly looking at compared to what the service writer found.

Once she could tell I wasn't going away she said she'd elevate it to whatever the hell the next level is and I should get some sort of update in the next couple of days. Gotta say, for a longtime GM buyer and former GM employee, I'm getting pretty chapped about their "we don't believe you" response to this. :mad:

sgmstr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You had better luck than I just did. The person I reached at Chevrolet Customer Satisfaction claimed she could not find the original or the revised TSB number and said Chevy had no knowledge of the issue at all. She called the dealer who claimed no knowledge of it either and said he showed no record of any concern in my file. I had to give her the service writer's name and she called them again and magically found some reference to my gripe. Makes me wonder exactly what electronic record her initial contact was supposedly looking at compared to what the service writer found.

Once she could tell I wasn't going away she said she'd elevate it to whatever the hell the next level is and I should get some sort of update in the next couple of days. Gotta say, for a longtime GM buyer and former GM employee, I'm getting pretty chapped about their "we don't believe you" response to this. :mad:

OSE Tahoe,

When I called, I didn't even mention the TSB number. I guess the guy just received a lot of calls on that. Please keep us posted should you get a response from GM.

Actually I was thinking we should all contact media groups or other consumer rights organizations so they can publicize for us and write to GM that we will be addressing this issue publicly. This way GM will need to respond quicker. I don't know how many of us have this problem. Maybe I can seek help from other guys at other forums participate w/ us. Let me know if anyone is interest in doing this.

I like everything about my Tahoe except for the seats. The seats are very disappointing. Even my old $12,000 Corolla did not have this problem. Should have gone with LT2 instead of LT1 with special CA package.

drmason1

Reaction score
I love my Tahoe except for the seats......if we can do something as a group....let's do it.

sgmstr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Tahoe except for the seats......if we can do something as a group....let's do it.

If anyone is interested in participating, please post. I will have other guys at other forum participate.

Thanks. Let our voices be heard!!!!!

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ironically enough I got cloth on purpose because I don't like the level of leather GM uses. It's more like vinyl than leather. Plus I knew the vehicle would be parked outside meaning the leather can be rather chilly in the winter and toasty on a hot day. Since they only offer heated seats and not cooled and I didn't want to pay for the heated package and remote start that could have helped on cold days, cloth seemed like the perfect answer.

Sure made the right call on that one...

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh HELL yea.....my vacuum cleaner may even join the team too....it gets used quite often.

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rec'd a message from a contact at the GM Customer Assistance Center, indicating she was assigned to research my concern and would contact me later this week after she had a chance to look into it.

What exactly do they have to look into?? Two different TSBs have been issued for this exact concern, are they trying to tell me (like the person who answered when I called initially) that they're not aware the problem exists? I'm not even looking for a permanent solution yet, at this point I'd settle for simple acknowledgment of the problem and an ongoing commitment to finding an agreeable solution.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the cashmere cloth and it snags lint pretty bad as well, it just doesn't show up as well as it would on ebony...sucks.

Jamesta

Reaction score
Add me as well please!

Please include me as well. I've been lurking around this forum (as well as others) for quite some time waiting to see a resolution.

In fact, the wife and I had recently decided to just bite the bullet and get the dealer to install leather. Has anyone does this? If so how do you like the results?

The least the dealer could do is offer leather upgrade at cost IMO.

Thanks for rallying the troops and please add me!

-James

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rec'd a message from a contact at the GM Customer Assistance Center, indicating she was assigned to research my concern and would contact me later this week after she had a chance to look into it.

What exactly do they have to look into?? Two different TSBs have been issued for this exact concern, are they trying to tell me (like the person who answered when I called initially) that they're not aware the problem exists? I'm not even looking for a permanent solution yet, at this point I'd settle for simple acknowledgment of the problem and an ongoing commitment to finding an agreeable solution.

And of course, no call from them during the GM-requested and agreed to 2-4PM window.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please include me as well. I've been lurking around this forum (as well as others) for quite some time waiting to see a resolution.

In fact, the wife and I had recently decided to just bite the bullet and get the dealer to install leather. Has anyone does this? If so how do you like the results?

The least the dealer could do is offer leather upgrade at cost IMO.

Thanks for rallying the troops and please add me!

-James

Right here, another member had Katzkin installed in his Yukon:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=7184

The brand used will depend on who they farm it out too, but Katzkin is a common one, as well as a few others.

As for the lint...they should have never bothered with the TSB, as the "replacement" cloth was never any better and no one seemed to be able to get or find more than just some of the right covers for all the seats.

New cloth is part of the 2009 changes, so it'll be interesting to see WHAT it is actually changed to, after 2 years of this. We'll see in a couple of months.