Two way remote installed with pictures!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say enough about the new two-way remote. Works great and it really has some nice range to it. The size is just a bit thicker then the original remote but close to the same size as the original in diameter. The unit available for my Tahoe controls the following:

1. Lock and unlock doors and status
2. Opens rear glass
3. Auto start and show remaining time left before shut off
4. Fuel level
5. Tire Pressure
6. Mileage on vehicle
7. Radio control (this works for if you have the Tahoe running you can use the remote to control the stations listed in your favorites)
Note: Works well with your memory package.

Very Cool.

I spoke with the Tech when it was installed and also looked at the kit in the parts department before the install. The only thing added into the Tahoe is a small module and antenna. The module is about 3" square and it replaces the existing one located in the back cargo area of the Tahoe under the rear glass on the driver side. I also had the factory NAV unit installed while I was there. I've posted a picture of it as well. I have spent most of the weekend in the garage playing..LOL:D

remote.jpg

remote3.jpg

nav.jpg

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have remote start before you installed the 2-way remote?

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have remote start before you installed the 2-way remote?

Yes.

However, if your Tahoe doesnot have Remote start you can have factory remote start installed through your local dealer, it's just not part of the 2 way remote package.

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mentioned that the new remote opens the rear glass - are you saying it doesn't open the rear liftgate?

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much did it cost? And how long did it take to install?

The price will vary depending on what model and options you have. It should run you around $200.00 to $240.00 installed GM shows about 1.4 hours for install time. I was getting the DVD Nav unit put in as well so I just left it with them for the day. They had it ready around 2:00pm. I can buy wholesale so I saved a few bucks on the deal. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mentioned that the new remote opens the rear glass - are you saying it doesn't open the rear liftgate?

Nope, not saying that at all. It depends on what options your current remote does and options your Vehicle currently has. I listed above the remote options my Tahoe has.

The new two-way remote will do all of the current features that your remote that comes with your Tahoe does but gives you that additional feedback of status and the other items I listed as in Tire pressure, mileage, change music stations, and fuel status. If you’re interested in getting one I would contact your local dealer and he should be able to confirm features base off your vin on your Tahoe, That is what I did.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the unit plug and play if you have factory remote start, or do they have to do all the tech2 garbage and program everything?

Anyone have a instructions, install guide, or manual on the 2way remote system?

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the unit plug and play if you have factory remote start, or do they have to do all the tech2 garbage and program everything?

Anyone have a instructions, install guide, or manual on the 2way remote system?

NO it is not plug and play, it requires programming to your system. I have factory remote start on my Tahoe but the system still required some programming.( or so I was told by the dealer.):rolleyes: To me it was worth the 80.00 for the install because it is now covered under my factory warranty.

I do have the manual for the two-way remote but not the install guide.

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, not saying that at all. It depends on what options your current remote does and options your Vehicle currently has. I listed above the remote options my Tahoe has.

The new two-way remote will do all of the current features that your remote that comes with your Tahoe does but gives you that additional feedback of status and the other items I listed as in Tire pressure, mileage, change music stations, and fuel status. If you’re interested in getting one I would contact your local dealer and he should be able to confirm features base off your vin on your Tahoe, That is what I did.:thumbsup:

Very cool, thanks!

08LTMike

Reaction score
i just went into my local dealer and they priced me $250 plus install for the 2 way Part# 17802071 and $195 plus install with out 2 way part #19154444. Is there another model that is less? You got yours for 240 installed?

JC10

Reaction score
How much did you pay for the factory NAV unit?

Did you get the unit from the dealer?

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just went into my local dealer and they priced me $250 plus install for the 2 way Part# 17802071 and $195 plus install with out 2 way part #19154444. Is there another model that is less? You got yours for 240 installed?

The part number for my Tahoe on the two way advance remote with factory auto start and no power lift gate is Part Number: 19156555 However certain options and models require differant remotes, so it has to be based off your VIN to make sure you get the right remote with your Tahoe

I'm able to buy wholesale and they cut me a deal since I was getting the NAV unit as well.

Price and install can vary depending on the dealer and discount you can get. My local dealer only charges around 65.00 per hour on upgrades vs 90.00 per hour for general repairs.

PS: For some reason that part number required for you unit is very high I posted a link to show the each two way and what they cost. Look under the electronics section for the remote
http://www.gm.oeaccessories.com/yourdealerhere/

Last edited:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did you pay for the factory NAV unit?

Did you get the unit from the dealer?

Yes, I got it from my local dealer and they installed it so it is covered under my Tahoe warranty

Last edited:

JC10

Reaction score
I have a '08 Tahoe LT with the Rear Seat Entertainment and want to upgrade to the Nav unit.
I was looking at this units from the GM Accesories store web site and they're $2,297.
I was wondering if that was what you pay for your unit.

08LTMike

Reaction score
i guess i just got unlucky and mine is the expensive one. what warranty issues would i run into if i bought from http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ for $211 and installed it myself? will the dealer install parts that i by online?

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess i just got unlucky and mine is the expensive one. what warranty issues would i run into if i bought from http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ for $211 and installed it myself? will the dealer install parts that i by online?

I would check with your Dealer just to make sure but I was told you get 12 months 12,000 miles if you install it on parts only. If they install it falls under the factory warranty for the Tahoe which includes parts and labor. I still have 2 years and 34,000 miles left on mine so it was worth it.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '08 Tahoe LT with the Rear Seat Entertainment and want to upgrade to the Nav unit.
I was looking at this units from the GM Accesories store web site and they're $2,297.
I was wondering if that was what you pay for your unit.

Since I can buy wholesale or cheaper sometimes, I was able to get a better price than listed above. However that is not a bad price compared to some places I've seen online.

Last edited:

mohspeed

Reaction score
I'm getting mine installed at the dealer as we speak but for some reason they seem to be having trouble programming the remote. I dropped it off at 7:30 am this morning and as of 4:16 pm they have not yet finished. Hopefully...wait, they better figure it out by tommorow else I'm taking it somewhere else.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting mine installed at the dealer as we speak but for some reason they seem to be having trouble programming the remote. I dropped it off at 7:30 am this morning and as of 4:16 pm they have not yet finished. Hopefully...wait, they better figure it out by tommorow else I'm taking it somewhere else.

I agree with you on that one.

When I had mine installed I also had the NAV unit put in as well. Me and the service Tech forgot about the music CDs I had left in the old radio head unit, so I carried the radio back in before I left the lot and spoke with the install tech. He said he would take care of it and said he could put power on the old radio head unit and have the CDs the next day, No Problem. I figured it was a good time to ask how the install went on the two way remote because I was told I was the first one to have it done at my local dealer.. He kind of laughed and said it went well and took less time then listed in the book. He said GM gives more time to put the two-way remote in then they do for the NAV unit and there’s more to the NAV unit install then the remote.

Last edited: