Unable to enter programming mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoesteve666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 LT. Currently trying to debug remote control access.
I have no history on the vehicle, but the current status is I am seeing SOME locking/unlocking action through the drivers and passengers door control panels.

I say some because most of the actuators are not working and all have been removed awaiting new ones, but I do have the front passenger actuator still in and it does have action.

The FOB is not performing. I have new chinese battery in it, 3+ volts on it, so I think its good. I have cleaned the electronics (IPA) and button contacts and believe I have the battery installed properly, but still nothing. (I have a new one on order).

I then tried to reprogram, but what I am noticing is that I am not able to get into programming mode. I've done the' hold unlock down and cycle the power twice within 5 seconds', but I see no subsequent response in the passenger actuator.

Any guidance on what could be wrong how to debug whether the car side of things (as opposed to the remote) has an issue?

tahoesteve666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solved: this morning I tried the jumper approach on pins 4 and 8. Worked like a charm...