V8 Switching To V4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgorman1033

Reaction score
If you would like to prevent your vehicle from dropping down from V8 to V4, you might want to think about getting a Range Technology device. It tells the computer not to switch to V4 at all.

If you want to know more about why GM has programmed certain vehicles to do this, you can read more here on the Active Fuel Management technology.

Just received the Range Technology device in the mail today. It took all of 3.649 seconds to install. Plug it in under your dash. That's it.

Again, this device keeps the vehicle from switching from V8 down to V4. It keeps it in V8 as long as you have the device plugged in.

Just a cruise through town and I could already tell a difference. The word I would use is "smooth" since there was no switching. And with my Flowmaster 40 series exhaust (that makes a louder rumble sound more than the factory) I can tell that the sound is more consistent, smooth, and doesn't change tones since it's not dropping into the V4 mode. I could always tell when I was in V4 cause the exhaust would get louder.

So far so good with this little device. I'm very pleased, and wish that Chevy would make this a selectable option on their vehicles.

If you're interested in getting one, call AutoAnything at (858) 569-8111 x7113 and ask for Chuck ([email protected]). He gave me a discounted rate of $160.55, which was the lowest price anywhere at the time.