vid link test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
That's the only time you'll catch me doing that. I won't even chirp the tires on pavement; the tires run me almost $500 each.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the only time you'll catch me doing that. I won't even chirp the tires on pavement; the tires run me almost $500 each.

in the new ones its impossable to chirp the tires, i turn off stabilitrak, shift to one and the tires spin but like once and no rubber and then you get traction and take off.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
in the new ones its impossable to chirp the tires, i turn off stabilitrak, shift to one and the tires spin but like once and no rubber and then you get traction and take off.

GM uses what they call Torque Management, which decreases power output from the engine during "abusive manuevers", and punching it off the line qualifies as an abusive manuever, causing the pcm to decrease engine output. This is one of GM's way to decrease powertrain and driveline stress. You can get the pcm custom tuned to remove all or any percentage of the TM. Once this is removed or decreased, the vehicle will have better off-the-line acceleration, and if you want, you can break loose and squeal the tires more easily.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM uses what they call Torque Management, which decreases power output from the engine during "abusive manuevers", and punching it off the line qualifies as an abusive manuever, causing the pcm to decrease engine output. This is one of GM's way to decrease powertrain and driveline stress. You can get the pcm custom tuned to remove all or any percentage of the TM. Once this is removed or decreased, the vehicle will have better off-the-line acceleration, and if you want, you can break loose and squeal the tires more easily.

i wanted to do that, but read thats the perfect way to wreck the tranny, as the 4l60E has a limit of torque, so i just adjusted the speed gov to 120:D . but if i did want to adjust the torque converter, wheres the best place to put it with out wrecking the tranny?