waxing help PLEASE!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well seeing some of yalls hoes made me go nuts and i went out YES AT 1.45 a.m. eastern time, and start waxing the KON, well i found the wax i bought at the store like a months ago for the 06, never used it so i tried it tonight. goes on well, but it leaves the haze no matter how many times i wipe it, yes i have tried different towels, should i wash it with water and the foam gun tommarrow, i have the hood and side panels left. IN letting them dry. Just thought i would ask, its a 30 yarder, looks incredible from 30 yards, but the close the more you see the haze, theres no see your self in the paint effect like yall have gotten? :cryin::cryin:

THANKS FOR ALL HELP!!!!!

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you wash before you waxed? Usually, I will clay, then put on a layer of wax, then a week later put another layer of wax on. I will repeat process throughout the year. It will also depend on the wax you are using and how long you are leaving it on for.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you wash before you waxed? Usually, I will clay, then put on a layer of wax, then a week later put another layer of wax on. I will repeat process throughout the year. It will also depend on the wax you are using and how long you are leaving it on for.

i washed it abou 8 p.m. tonight, garages it, nothing touched it, the wash included a clay bar to get rid of water spots. i leave it on for 10 min at a section. then wipe off. in for another wait to let the next section dry .

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you used is polish...not wax. It's made by Turtle Wax, but it's actually polish...and if you don't work polish in, it just smears everywhere, and very difficult to take off, your best bet is to get a microfiber mit, and hand wash the whole thing. The touchless wash isn't going to do the trick...

paintcarendetailing

Reaction score
It says car polish but it sounds more like a all in one sealant with fillers.

The reason for the haze could be that you applied it too think and the excess oils and fillers are causing the hazing.

Does the "haze" shift when you wipe it? If so then a wash will remove the excess sealant and remove the haze.

I'd recommend a better wax/sealant though...if purchasing locally Meguiars NXT 2.0 is a good choice.

Good luck
Charles

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks guys. Will do that next week as I am enjoying my vacation right now. Just went to starbucks to get a coffee, and they had a hot spot, so im just checkin in.

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try doing the Meguirars 3 step
#7, #21 and then #26. It takes a while to do, especially on a Yukon/Tahoe, but when you are done it will blind you when you look at it.