Welcome Your Newest Gmt 900 Member!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, RT. You sound very happy and you certainly have a good looking truck. Just BTW, Fourwheeler magazine did a long article on the Tahoe 900 due to what they said was such extraordiary build quality. Had step-by-step factory pictures and a lot of detailed information. It was extremely complimentary.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Congratulations, RT. You sound very happy and you certainly have a good looking truck. Just BTW, Fourwheeler magazine did a long article on the Tahoe 900 due to what they said was such extraordiary build quality. Had step-by-step factory pictures and a lot of detailed information. It was extremely complimentary.

That might be why GM stands for great machine.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IM STUCK IN A STUPID GO CART CAROLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

took the truck in to have the 2 way put on, the funny noise when turning right, and the enviormental protections stuff (protects the outside paint and the inside leather and carpet) plus they were gunna wash it for me.

they asked if i needed a car, i said sure even though i had 4 other cars at home i could have driven, but i wanted to see what they would give me since the last time i got a 2500HD, plus i didnt want to deal with getting a ride home when i was already 30 min late then i told my secratary, they said were not allowed to do loaners so we go through enterprise rental company now ($hit). walked over there, they said we have a lovely 09 carolla for you, i said WHAT (in a irritated tone) she kinda looked suprised, i said i bought a 50k suv and your sticking me in a 5k go car, she looks like she was going to faint that i said somthing about the car, she said thats all hall is paying for, i controlled my self since i was already late for work but said i have bought 6 brand new vehicles from hall in the last year (well not me personally, but my family, we all have the same last name) and all they are paying for is a stupid 20 dollar a day carolla, she said thats all we have, i said fine, would 100 dollars get me in a cadillac, she said im not allowed to upgrade, if i wanted to i had to pay for everything coming to 350 dollars, i didnt have that cash on me and figured it was only for 1 day. so i took it, but boy do i realise how lucky i am to have such a nice big, safe, powerful, american truck.

sorry for the endless rant, but it kinda made me mad.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What month issue? I might have to pick up a copy.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is the one, that link was to a review a few years ago, he said there was an in depth look at the build process, and that is what I'm interested in.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Gambler and RT but you found it before I got back on. Yes, that's it.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding article! that makes me love my truck even more! I noticed that there were Tahoes and Yukons on the same assembly line. I didn't realize they were that closely related.

How did you not know they were identical vehicles, since their start over a decade ago, aside from trim and options packaging? :skep:

Still, great vehicles either way and in all regards. Comes down to what look you like best and the dealer/price experience.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it spoke volumes for a magazine that is focused on off-road enthusiasts to spend that kind of coverage on the Tahoe/Yukon.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you not know they were identical vehicles, since their start over a decade ago, aside from trim and options packaging? :skep:

Still, great vehicles either way and in all regards. Comes down to what look you like best and the dealer/price experience.

start over a decade ago???!!!???!?!?!? chevy has been makeing a suburban since like 1935. which is why i always go for the extended versions.

now the tahoe yes. but dont confuse that with gm's entire full size suv, i think the full size pickup was also started in like 1933 or somthing.

but yes i do agree with some people have different tastes. and i happy for that as if it were not for gmc i would have bought ford years ago. since the chevy dealers ARE HUGE DICK HEADS here. the gmc dealers are much better and more willing to deal. they came off like 14k on a brand new yukon, and chevy only came of 4k on a dealer demo with 8k miles on it.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, I was waiting for this thread and finally came across it. hahaha. Enjoy the new toy.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember how they had the choice of cheap door hinges or the more expensive ones, GM chose the expensive, thus better ones and I was impressed with that.

Yeah I read that too, instead of welds they used bolts; for increased adjustability sake but I'm sure it results in better strength too. What a kick if it turned out they had to too just to compensate for loose tolerances, but I really don't think so as this thing seems to be more solid and tightly built than ever. I just always look for the hidden "real" reason in everything. Like how Subway is selling $5 footlongs, the commercial says it's in appreciation of all the footlongs they've sold. But the truth is that footlong sales volumes have dropped alarmingly and it's normally a primary earner, even at the regular discount. So they did it to jumpstart it again, but they lie in the ads. But yeah, you can tell this truck is solid, smooth, and well designed/built. I love it.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
start over a decade ago???!!!???!?!?!? chevy has been makeing a suburban since like 1935. which is why i always go for the extended versions.

now the tahoe yes. but dont confuse that with gm's entire full size suv, i think the full size pickup was also started in like 1933 or somthing.

Correct, I meant to say many decades ago, and they've essentially always been the same...just grilles, emblems, and options/standards differentiating them. The current GMT-900 line is as differentiated as they've ever been, with the very different fascias...but still not much.