wet floor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dohboyyyy

Reaction score
the passenger floorboard is wet and i think the drainage tube/tubes for the condensation drain are either kinked or stopped up. is there a link that tells me how to get to them to check them out? so glad i found this forum..just got my 2004 tahoe 4x4 a couple of months ago and i am very happy with it! thanks for any help someone can give me...

Tex99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clueless on your model, but used to clear those by getting under, searching the area under the evaporator, and shoving wire up into the drain line(s)...

Battlemug

Reaction score
I've had the infamous wet passenger carpet/floor for awhile on my '05 Z71 and tried all of the other sources for leaks. After having the blower motor resistor/speed control (auto climate control) short out Thursday morning on the way to work, I took the cowl apart today to discover the seal around the outside air intake was basically done for. Water was coming in there and flowing down onto the resistor and blower motor then continuing onto the floor. It looked like it was coming from the firewall, but after finding the outside air inlet, that is the source of my problem.

There is one screw on each side of the cowl (under a flap to allow the hinge to open when the hood is raised) and four clips along the front of the cowl that hold it in place. Wipers having to be removed to get the cowl fully off, but will be doing that later this afternoon once the new resistor comes in to the dealership. This picture is what the "seal" looked like when I was finally able to get the cowl up.

Attachments

• Tahoe Drain.jpg
    Tahoe Drain.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 19