What Halo's should I buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the best Halo's on the market? Thinking about going the HID route later, but would like to start off with a nice pair of Halo's.

Any name brand suggestions?

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to fond of the cheapbay ones, take alot of work to make them up to par IMO

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent found any yet, i took mine out and bought some crystal clears for the time being, trying to get mine to adjust without breaking:mad3: all i can say is drop some decent dough on some, dont cheap out like i did, end up costing more in the long run

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on here named "bowtie" who a few pictures posted of his and they look pretty awesome. Real bright! I sent him a message....hopin' to hear back.

Halo's, clear bumper, Led taillights, and Im just about set. Then I can start focusing on performance a little more (exhaust, etc...)

So damn addicting!!!

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTB hasnt been around in awhile, i bought mine from the same company and they didnt look anything like his tho, ive heard the ebay ones are made by like 3 companies but distibuted by 25-30 vendors. all pretty much the same, since we tap the halos into the parking lights they arent that bright when running, he took his pic as he was unlocking his doors so they flash bright but run dim

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn!!!

So, are there bright ones even out there? I like the halo's because they look pretty cool during the day too.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a couple of pairs (one is damaged or i would sell you them)

i have denali projectors with modded angle eyes on them

you can have them done here from Retro-solutions.com

but i had a local shop do them.

but i also bought a pair from the same guy BowtieBandit (pic below) bought his from. here are mine with HIDS (this is an old pic, like 3 months)

HIDS.jpg

here is the a pic with the lights off. (same kit that bowtie bought)

halo.jpg

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you happen to have the link to the ones you and bowtie bought? do you still like them or would you suggest somthing else?

thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you happen to have the link to the ones you and bowtie bought? do you still like them or would you suggest somthing else?

thanks

i like them except when i got angry trying to install the HIDS 3 months ago (yes this really frustrated me, funny thing is im usually very calm when installing stuff or doing stuff, but this got me badly ) i smacked the driver side one and broke the aimer (so now it would be super low and no good to put light out). so since then i have had denali ones custom made with HALOS.

i loved them, and if it were not for a stupid anger manangement :)lol:) deprived rollin thunder. i would still be using them.

problem is i just realised. BowtieBandet and i have YUKONS, which have a different front end from tahoes. so the link will be no good for you. they are made by SONAR if thats any help.

RIDE N FLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my halo's off of ebay, but after installing them the parking lights won't come on w/o the headlights being on. Any suggestion on how to rectify this problem. Plus you cant see them on in the daytime.

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, no luck on searching the web for "sonar halo's".

anybody who REALLY loves their halos happen to have a link to where they bought theres?

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a link to a website for purchasing good halo's would be much appreciated.

Thanks

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner!!!! Thank you! Exactly what i was looking for....now just to decide which ones.

Its odd, it says they are made as an OE Direct Replacement with no modification needed for installation....does that mean you just mount them and plug em in? No splicing or anything needed??

Idahoe

Reaction score
I doubt it, mine said that too but I still had to splice in the halo's and the little running lights on the corner.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will need to splice in the halos and LEDs, its just saying it will slip in like the stock headlight bracket