what lowering kit to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
i have 22's on 305's on my 02 hoe.
i was wondering what kit should i get to lower it to have barely any wheel gap but w/o rubbing? and any specific brands?
thanks!

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the djm 3/5 drop on my yukon last week. So far, still trying to work out ride issues. Seems a little stiff. I have to cut the bump stock bracket out in the rear and also replace the front shocks even though two different websites said I diddnt have to.The truck sits real nice even with stock 16's on them. You need to decide how low you want to go. Since you already have the 22's, i would get the drop spindles with different torsion bar keys. I would have gone with drop spindles if I diddnt use the 16's ( would not fit ). You can get 5inch drop springs from djm,belltech, mcgaughys.

skrugz

Reaction score
pics of lowered tahoe

i'm going to lower my 02 tahoe, i'd love to see some pics of any out there

scott99zx6r

Reaction score
I just lowered my 04 yukon 2/3 w/ a drop force kit. I think its actually like 3/4. It looks way better just gotta take some new pics. I replaced the stock shocks w/ ground force also. I gotta trim the front inner fender wells, slight rub on turns. I gotta trim the rear bumpstop mounts also, hit a bit on sharper bumps. Other than that it looks killer and handles alot better. Just had our 2nd son so not too much ME time. I'll get some pics soon.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The amount of suspension drop, wheel offset, and overall wheel/tire diameter is going to determine how much rubbing you will have. My 'hoe is lowered about 3/5 on top of 305/35/24s and only rubs very little on lock-to-lock turns. I've seen our body style trucks with 22s and 2/3 drops that will rub because of too much or too little offset. Depending on your particular wheel, you could go 2/3 and have issues, or you could go 3/5 and be fine.
I thinks it's been mentioned already, but for brands, DJM, Mcgaughy's, and Belltech make decent kits for our trucks. If you're only going a couple inches on the front, re-indexed keys and a camber adjustment will work ok. If you wanna go lower, it's better to go with kits that use spindles or control arms so you can keep the camber in check. The rear will require new springs and either relocation brackets for the shocks or new shorter shocks all together. You'll need to trim the bumpstops also while you're at it.