What products do YOU use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd post the inevitable thought-provoking thread we're all waiting to see here: What products do you use / love for pampering your ride?

Here's my current arsenal of stuff for the winter months:

1) TIRES: Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Spray
2) BODY: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer Spray
3) WHEELS: Same as #2
4) GLASS: Stoners Invisible Glass (aerosol spray)
5) TRIM: (running boards, rear bumper cover, etc): Same as #2
6) TOWELS: Nice microfiber (generic is fine - the ones with no "edge" are best, and just remove any tags first). When you wash your towels, be sure to NOT use fabric softener or bleach!
7) DUSTING: California duster - Giant version
8) SCRATCHES (egads! NO! Not on MY truck!): Meguiar's ScratchX

In the warmer months where I'll likely wash it myself, I'll go with these additional items:

1) WASH: Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner OR Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash, either used with microfiber wash towel.
2) WAX: Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Wax OR Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste, either used with a microfiber applicator pad.
3) TOOLS: Probably need variable speed rotary buffer -- not sure about this tho -- it'll become a real "sickness" if I get one... :crazy: ...And $$$.

I need some advice on the best / easiest wax to use of the ones I've listed -- I'm tempted to just use the Ultimate Quik Detailer by itself, as I've had paint sealant professionally applied earlier this year by my detailer and it just gives fantastic results.

I recently switched from Eagle-One products to Meguiar's and I'm quite pleased with the results. I'm not "looking back" one bit, though the Eagle-One stuff is pretty good...

When you reply, be sure to list your products in addition to commenting on what works well for you (or doesn't). And product links are nice too!

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
winter - i dont usally wash except on warm days where the water wont freeze but i will soap and water and dry with a standard towel.

summer-

wash with MR. clean auto dry.
wax with mothers wax and power ball on my drill
scratches (i off road i get tons of little scratches) with mother scratch kit and mini power ball
tire cleaner- mothers tire cleaner with mini ball
rim- mothers wheel mist

and now im all powerful with this kit i got
https://store.mothers.com/product_info.php?products_id=119 i even got the carrying case. $$ but its all worth it and works well. i origonaly got it for my boat, but found all the marine stuff works for cars too, so i only need one big kit insted of little stuff. im a big fan of mothers because the branch who chip foose sponcers restored my mothers old merdedes, did an awsome job with "new" origonal parts.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man I betcha that Power Ball will get the barnacles off that boat, er, Yukon, lickety split! :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man I betcha that Power Ball will get the barnacles off that boat, er, Yukon, lickety split! :D

yea but the problem is i forget to charge the drill most of the time. i only need to wash the boat once a year though because i trailer it so it does not get dirty sitting in the water, so the kit is used mostly for the yukon after i off road. pressure washing the yukon with the white nossle ( lower pressure, wont crack glass) gets the mud off, then i dry and wax.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys tried the wax "Pinnacle Souveran". It's awsome.
Ya dont even have to wait for a haze. Apply and buff it off with a soft cloth. The stuff lasts a long time. It's pure Yellow Carnuba.
Anyway it's a good investment. Been using it for a while. You'll love it!!
Here's link:
http://www.pinnaclewax.com/souveran.html

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impressive

I've heard of it, and just recently saw that Ralph Lauren Benz at Pebble Beach on Discovery (or was it National Geographic?). Impressive stuff... Maybe I'll try it instead, the only thing holding me back would be cost.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Everything I have is either Meguires, 3M, or PRO. I've got everything from detailing spray, wax, polish, clay, leather cleaner and conditioner, buffer, engine cleaner/degreaser, microfiber towels, etc, etc.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of it, and just recently saw that Ralph Lauren Benz at Pebble Beach on Discovery (or was it National Geographic?). Impressive stuff... Maybe I'll try it instead, the only thing holding me back would be cost.

Worth the investment.....!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What The Heck Is In Rainx Wipes

ok tried rainx for the first time, just got back putting it on. first of all it smells like church wine or brandy, and the smell makes me dissy :crazy: , i used one wipe per window and used two for the windshield and as i was putting it on, keep in mind im using the wipes, it was gasin off (no! not like that) but i mean it lookes like its cooking the glass. now i have a head ake. :ack:

it had better be worth it for sitting out in 40 mph gusts and 30 degrees!! plus using these wierd hippy effect wipes!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUDE!

You wore gloves, didn't you?!?!?

You need to wash your hands in vinegar and baking soda RIGHT away. If your headache doesn't go away, call 911 or go to the emergency room. Did you do this in your garage, or out in the open?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wore gloves, didn't you?!?!?

You need to wash your hands in vinegar and baking soda RIGHT away. If your headache doesn't go away, call 911 or go to the emergency room. Did you do this in your garage, or out in the open?

no i didnt use gloves but soaked my hand in soap and water. but yes i was out side. wind was blowin breathing through a towel. whats gunna happen to my hands?

instructions didn't say to use gloves though, keep in mind these are wipes, not pure rainX

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't scrub with vinegar and baking soda immediately, your skin will dry out and chafe off in a major way. The polymers and surfactants in the Rain-X wipes are meant to be used with gloves only... Thank God you were out in the open.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't scrub with vinegar and baking soda immediately, your skin will dry out and chafe off in a major way. The polymers and surfactants in Rain-X are meant to be used with gloves only... Thank God you were out in the open.

well sort of, i was in the garage, but door BIG open and gusts of wind blowing in all the time, so i didnt see a need, but my dog was right there laying down, but walked in with me, should i take him to a vet to be safe! god this is the last time i use rainx. You know what im gunna complain for not telling me to use gloves!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Butyl Cellusolve is an acute toxin, and should never be handled in the presence of pets or children. You'd better stay up with your dog tonight to make sure he/she is cool too.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poochie's fine dude!

Okay, OKAY. I've messed with you long enough. Did you do the baking soda and vinegar thing? Bring back any elementary school science memories?

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

There's nothing to be alarmed about -- Rain-X just stinks man. Worst that can happen is if you handled the wipes for a long time your hands'll get red and itchy.

Your dog is okay unless he ate one of the wipes.

Sorry man -- you were just really gullible, and I sometimes have a sick sense of humor... :giggling:

Relax, and have a nice evening!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok here is the stuff ritten on the back.

1. Lift Snap Pack lid.
2. Break seal and remove wipe.
3. apply Rain-X Glass Treatment to exterior glass or mirrors using firm, circular overlapping motions.

4. buff out haze with a dry cloth or paper towel.

5. When finished, assure Snap Pack lid is properly secured to transport and retain moisture.

ONLY WARNINGS ON PACKEDGE!

NOT for personal cleansing. contains denatured alcohol. PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES: Keep away from heat, sparks, flames, and other ignition sources. Store below 120F. Avoid contact with EYES. FIRST AID: For contact with eyes, wash thoroughly with water/ If ittitation persists. see a physication. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.

thats it other than not to use on plastics or paints. are you sure were talking about the same stuff.

http://www.autobarn.net/rainxglass.html

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LO FREAKIN L, you got me good.

man my girl fiend is coming over here to take me to the emergency room, i my keyboard is all wet with baking soda, i could not find viniger so i used pickle juice since it has viniger. i called my parents to let them know im going to the hospital. LOL :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: but i feel like seeing my girl friend so im still gunna let her come :lol:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry man -- I couldn't resist. I hope your wits are cool and your keyboard and dog are fine too... Just make sure you don't put the Rain-X wipes in the bathroom for "personal cleansing"...OKAY?!? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy That Was A Dusie (sp)

I'm sorry man -- I couldn't resist. I hope your wits are cool and your keyboard and dog are fine too... Just make sure you don't put the Rain-X wipes in the bathroom for "personal cleansing"...OKAY?!? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: i needed a good laugh, but man i got to admit, i have not been that worried in a long long time. no he didnt eat one, but has ran in to a couple of wall latly, but he does that anyway. :lol:

i e-mailed rainx too, so i guess im gunna say sorry now:clapping: :clapping:

i think the head ake is from the cold i have though.

I need a new keyboard any way, so im good, its had more coke spilled on it than i can remember.

im not usually gulluble eather, you could tell me gullibly is ritten on the ceiling and i new you were fakin, or my shoes untied, but man you got me good, i didnt even think of the 3rd grade volcanos with viniger and bakeing soda until i used it and it went all over the kitchen lol.

Last edited: