What turns on heated mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grebbler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the side mirrors are heated as they were pretty warm when I wiped them off one day. I just don't know how to activate them.

Is it part of the HVAC defrost? The rear de-frogger?:skep:

Grebbler the Idiot

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my '00 Yukon (NBS) the rear defroster activates the mirrors. But, my passenger side is out at the moment.....

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh, I was wondering about this for my '00 Yuke as well. I swear I learn something new every day here...

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this come standard on all Yukons? how can I tell if I have it or not, I know my last car had a button for the heated mirrors, I did not see it one yet.

if it does come on when the defroster is on that is SWEET.....any info is helpful.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can tell if their heated by looking at the mirror corners and seeing if they have that funny looking Small mirror wiht the wavy lines going through it.

my 99 suburban, 06 yukon xl, 07 yukon xl, and 03 silverado all use the rear deforster to activate the heated mirrors, and I must say they work well.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure what year the changed them but I think they have stoped putting the symbol on the glass.